PDA

View Full Version : Art Of Animation Resort

Tink1
06-12-2011, 10:59 AM
The Art of Animation Resort (near POP Century) is now avaible for bookings beginning on June 1, 2012.

With 864 rooms inspired by The Little Mermaid and 1,120 suites designed after The Lion King, Finding Nemo and Cars, you'll feel like you're living in a storybook.

Room Types
Disney's Art of Animation Resort features room types for almost every party size and preference—including standard rooms and family suites. Spacious suites are designed to comfortably accommodate up to 6 Guests and include:

•2 separate bathrooms
•A master bedroom
•3 separate sleeping areas within the living space, which includes an Inovabed—a generously sized dining or work table that easily transforms into a comfortable bed.

Finding Nemo Family Suite
All suites have one queen-size bed in the master bedroom and a living room with one double-size Inova TableBed and one double-size sleeper sofa. These suites also offer 2 bathrooms, a mini-kitchen, reading chair and table and chairs. All suites are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible suites are available. Amenities include a flat-panel TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, high speed Internet access (additional fee), microwave, compact refrigerator, coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. A crib is available upon request. These suites offer views of the parking lot, courtyard or pool.

Family Suite
All suites have one queen-size bed in the master bedroom and a living room with one double-size Inova TableBed and one double-size sleeper sofa. These suites also offer 2 bathrooms, a mini-kitchen, reading chair and table and chairs. All suites are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible suites are available. Amenities include a flat-panel TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, high speed Internet access (additional fee), microwave, compact refrigerator, coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. A crib is available upon request. These suites offer views of the parking lot, courtyard or pool.

Look like they will be the first completed.

Cars Family Suite

The Lion King Family Suite

Coming into inventory next

Nanc

darthmacho
06-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Hoping to get into this resort next August. I'm hoping the standard rooms are a comparable price to other value resorts! :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
06-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Looking forward to what this will offer. I can not wait to see it.

chrim
06-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Based on a quick look on the WDW web site, it looks like the Little Mermaid rooms are priced about $10/night more than a standard All-Stars room and $5/night less than a preferred location All-Stars room.

It appears the Animation Resort family suites are priced higher (by about $50/night) than the ones at the All-Star Music.

These prices are based on a 2012 fall, weekend stay.

elmjimmlm
06-12-2011, 11:42 PM
The suite in July 2012 in the Nemo are is 345.00 a night!!! That doesnt sound like a value to me...

ransam
06-13-2011, 12:52 AM
will it be 100 percent finished? or will there be parts not open?
can you select which section you want to stay in?

Tink1
06-13-2011, 06:35 AM
will it be 100 percent finished? or will there be parts not open?
can you select which section you want to stay in?

It will not be 100% completed at opening. I do not know when that will be.

Yes, your reserve it by theme room. (cars room, lion king room etc)

Nanc

darthmacho
06-16-2011, 06:39 PM
A few more questions...

Any update on whether all the construction will be finished by August 2012?
Will the Mermaid section be available for an August 2012 booking?
Are discounts/bouncebacks/free dining historically offered at Value resorts? (I'm hoping that I can book a 2013 Wilderness Lodge trip while I'm there for instance...)

Thanks for any pertinent info! :mickey:

Cinderelley
06-16-2011, 11:26 PM
The suite in July 2012 in the Nemo are is 345.00 a night!!! That doesnt sound like a value to me...

:eek: I think I would rather rent a DVC unit. Then I would get real bedrooms and laundry facilities.

Tink1
06-17-2011, 12:43 AM
A few more questions...

Any update on whether all the construction will be finished by August 2012?
Will the Mermaid section be available for an August 2012 booking?
Are discounts/bouncebacks/free dining historically offered at Value resorts? (I'm hoping that I can book a 2013 Wilderness Lodge trip while I'm there for instance...)

Thanks for any pertinent info! :mickey:

Your guess is as good as anyones at this point!

Nanc

Daisy'sMom
06-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Disney has forgotten that most families in the real world can't afford that kind of money. If you are saving for college, gas, house, etc, that is a bit to much. If our children were still young, we could never justify spending that much. :mickey:

azcavalier
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
According to the Disney Parks Blog, the standard rooms at the Art of Animation Resort start at $94 a night, and the Family suites start at $248 a night.

Will someone please explain to me why Disney thinks that a "suite" that sleeps six, but has basically the same footprint as two standard rooms, is worth 2.6 times as much as a standard room? I would think that the proper price point, to entice families to get a suite rather than just two rooms, would be around $160 a night, so that it make more financial sense. I mean, two standard rooms give my family of five FOUR beds, whereas a suite gives us three, and no more floor space, and costs $50 a night less!

DisneyFr33k
06-17-2011, 11:38 AM
For the standard rooms (not suites), I have 3 questions:

Do they come in all the themes or just one?
What are the bed sizes - 2 doubles like the other values?
Do they offer a standard room with just a king like the other values?

BrerGnat
06-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Will someone please explain to me why Disney thinks that a "suite" that sleeps six, but has basically the same footprint as two standard rooms, is worth 2.6 times as much as a standard room? I would think that the proper price point, to entice families to get a suite rather than just two rooms, would be around $160 a night, so that it make more financial sense. I mean, two standard rooms give my family of five FOUR beds, whereas a suite gives us three, and no more floor space, and costs $50 a night less!

There's a few reasons why they can do this.

1. Booking a suite guarantees that an entire family will be staying together. Since Disney won't "guarantee" connecting rooms, this is worth it for a lot of people with larger families with small kids.

2. Supply and Demand. Simple as that.

3. The suite has a Kitchenette. This is worth $$$ to many people, as the standard value rooms don't even have a fridge, let alone a microwave.

4. The suites have a queen sized bed. Most adult couples prefer not to have to share a double bed. ;)

So, really, there is justification for them charging significantly more for the suites. The question is, will enough people bite at rack rate? My guess is no, and you'll see these discounted quite a bit. Even now, they offer discounts on the AS Music family suites, and there aren't that many of them. When they significantly increase inventory of these kinds of rooms, you'll see them offer discounts when they can't fill them.

Even at $345/night in Peak season, that's a deal! Try finding accommodations for 6 people in one room for anything close to that...

nfrustaci
06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
I too was surprised by the price of the family suite. but the price of the regular room isn't bad. we usually stay at pop so it will be nice to try somewher else. my questions is do you think that the Art of Animation will be sharing bus service with POP ? it seems likely since they are next to eachother. although it will def be extremely crouded on these buses.

TheVBs
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Wow! Makes me grateful that we're a family of four.

Melanie
06-17-2011, 02:24 PM
"high speed internet access"

:bang:

WHY would they not put Wi-Fi in here? I don't care if I have to pay or not, but just offer Wi-Fi please!

darthmacho
06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow! Makes me grateful that we're a family of four.

:mickey: Amen! You couldn't be more right.

@DisneyFr33k: I can't answer the bed question, but the standard rooms appear to be Little Mermaid themed only, the other three sections being the suites.

xo0ally
06-18-2011, 02:50 PM
So the set up of the family suite is more or less the same as the ones in ASM right? Or am i just understanding it wrong?

Kathy Jetson
06-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Are there any pictures of what the pools will look like?

crltkcagle
06-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Grrrrrr !!!! I was looking forward to staying here! As a family of five and limited to where we can stay I was really hoping this place would be a bit more affordable. Oh well guess its POR for us like usual.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Grrrrrr !!!! I was looking forward to staying here! As a family of five and limited to where we can stay I was really hoping this place would be a bit more affordable. Oh well guess its POR for us like usual.
Kelly, I totally agree. I was so disappointed when I put in the dates and saw the price. If I could pay that much, I would pay a little extra and stay at the Poly. At least there you have the beach, view of MK fireworks, water parade, cool pool & slide, monorail, etc. But alas, we will be back at POR too.