PDA

View Full Version : Does Vero Beach have hairdryers and what other fun tips can you tell me?

mouseketeer mom
06-12-2011, 08:22 AM
19 days till our Vero Beach vacation.
Firstly-The hairdryers..do they have them or do you have to pack your own with a DVC stay?
And Secondly-Anything else I should know? I'd love any details!

Ed
06-12-2011, 09:10 AM
You are 19 days away from our favorite getaway location! We absolutely love Vero Beach, and we're lucky enough that it's only 75 miles from our home.

They do have hair dryers that are adequate, but DW always takes her own anyway.

The resort itself is beautiful. Landscaping is great, the buildings are extremely well maintained and decorated in "ocean beach" style. The pool is quite large, there is a nice hot tub, and our g'kids love the pool slide.

The ocean beach is also great; it's not very wide, but it's well maintained. Chairs and umbrellas are available to rent. One caution - - lately, some of the beaches a little farther north have been having a problem with jellyfish, but it seems to have tapered off lately, and I'm not sure if the problem ever reached as far south as VB.

Given your home location, I suspect you might be seafood affecionados like us. You might want to wander off property to the town of Sebastian, about 15 minutes away, and check out Captain Hiram's (great true Maryland-style crab cakes and crab soup among other goodies) or Squid Lips, a laid back over-the-water restaurant where you can watch the dolphins play in the river while you dine.

Christine
06-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Oh boy do I love vero beach!! We go back in August, first time on points as members.
We stayed on cash, as non- members last year over memorial day wknd.

Disney's Vero Beach resort is a lovely place!
There is as little or as much as you'd like to do. The beach is private room key accesss only (as is the pool) so it's never crowded on the beach and it's NOT a drive on beach which I think is a horrendous thing allowed on some beaches in Florida.
DVC members receive discounts on rentals of beach equipment such as chairs, umbrellas- so you don't have to feel compelled to bring it all. (yes, I think that should be included but whatever- not that big of a deal)
Now the pool can get crowded, but that's anywhere. There is a counter service /bar in the pool area as well as game rentals (ping pong, etc) & a putt putt course.

There are daily activities like archery, arts & crafts, & children only activities. It's like family summer camp. It reminded me of dirty dancing! Lol!

The resort theme is centered around oranges and sea turtles, with subtle hints of Mickey Mouse!

The restaurants are neat- I liked the bar & grill upstairs from the lobby. Shutters is fun too & offers a character Bfast with goofy.

We had so much fun On our stay until I ended up getting sick & we had to leave early - :ill: (no fault of the resort- just sick & needed to get home)
I'm looking forward to going back! Love to sit on my balcony with my coffee & keep the door open a crack as I sleep to hear the ocean! :cloud9:

One word of advice-- have a robe or heavy cover up for returning from pool/beach to room if you're staying in the Inn or going to the lobby area in the main bldg. They keep their AC on full blast!!! It was like that the entire time- everyone was freezing and when guests complained the cm's said it had to stay at that temp. Down here we call that "Florida pneumonia!" :D

I hope you have a spectacular time!! It's so relaxing and low-key--- I think you'll love it!

Oh- and yes they do have hair dryers :blush: