PDA

View Full Version : Grad Party for DD

luvdiznee
06-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm looking to give DD a grad party (from Jr High School). My issue is with the cake. I love getting the picture cakes. So I wanted to get one of course with her picture on it. But I'm thinking a lot of kids from her school and that same graduating class are going to be there.

Not sure why I feel funny having a cake with her picture on it. I was also going to have them put something like; Congrats to all the graduates of the class of 2011 from (school name). Am I just thinking too much about the other kids. They know it is a swim party and gifts are not expected.

Just don't know why I feel this way.

Jillirose
06-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Why not do the picture of the school mascot?

Ed
06-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Or a picture of the school itself, or the sign with the school's name on it ?

luvdiznee
06-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm going to just go with her picture on the cake. I will just keep in mind that this is a part y for DD, not the school. As there are other kids having thheir own parties as well.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-12-2011, 08:28 AM
It's her party. I wouldn't worry about using her picture, though it is sweet of you to consider the other kids. The kids won't be thinking "oh wow, it's her picture but we're all graduating!" They will think, "Cake!" You're all set. :)

luvdiznee
06-12-2011, 07:39 PM
It's her party. I wouldn't worry about using her picture, though it is sweet of you to consider the other kids. The kids won't be thinking "oh wow, it's her picture but we're all graduating!" They will think, "Cake!" You're all set. :)

Thank you for that. And I think you are absolutely right, in that once they see that there is cake, they will be fine. :thumbsup:I know I would be. :D