PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the Cupcake Store DTD?

idreamofdisney
06-10-2011, 08:06 PM
First, is it on the dining plan as a snack item? We are (my DDand I) allergic to chocolate, do they have any good cupcakes without choc? I hate to take her there just to torture her with great looking cupcakes but very little choice that she can eat. Thanks.:mickey:

beksy
06-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I think I just read in Figments updates (in the Rumors section) that they take the dining plan snack credits and it can also be used as a desert for the Pollo place next door to it. I don't know about the menu.

ElenitaB
06-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I haven't tried the cupcakes at the DTD location, and have only had the chocolate ones here in NYC... but they DO have non-chocolate menu items. They do their baking each day so actual items available may change but their standards include red velvet, carrot and vanilla cupcakes, all different kinds of loaves, donuts, cookies and cookie sandwiches (filled with frosting), etc. I'm pretty sure you and your DD won't feel deprived.

flipadeeflop
06-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I haven't tried the cupcakes at the DTD location, and have only had the chocolate ones here in NYC... but they DO have non-chocolate menu items. They do their baking each day so actual items available may change but their standards include red velvet, carrot and vanilla cupcakes, all different kinds of loaves, donuts, cookies and cookie sandwiches (filled with frosting), etc. I'm pretty sure you and your DD won't feel deprived.

:ditto: I've tried many of the desserts at the one in NYC, lots of which weren't made with chocolate, and they were all INCREDIBLE!!!!!

DNS
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Where is this cupcake store? It's only been a year since we were last there, but I do not remember such a place. Sounds fabulous!

beksy
06-15-2011, 10:51 PM
It is where McDonalds used to be, along with Pollo Campero and Fresh-A-Peel. It can be used as the desert part of the CS credit for either of these places from what I've read. The menu changes daily, but on one day, a person reported desserts like pumpkin and lemon cupcakes, and vanilla cupcakes with blueberry topping. I haven't been so I can't say how good it is.

DNS
06-16-2011, 11:35 AM
It is where McDonalds used to be, along with Pollo Campero and Fresh-A-Peel. It can be used as the desert part of the CS credit for either of these places from what I've read. The menu changes daily, but on one day, a person reported desserts like pumpkin and lemon cupcakes, and vanilla cupcakes with blueberry topping. I haven't been so I can't say how good it is.

Sounds yummy! I love cupcakes:D

princessgirls
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
They were featured on the food channel recently...it all looked yummy yummy yummy!!!

I'm sure you'll be able to find something chocolate free, and is incredible!

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

flipadeeflop
06-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Yes! It's called Baby Cakes!!!! It's one of the things we are looking forward to most while visiting!!!! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free!!! It's like they put it there for meeee!!!

RoseFitzgerald
05-19-2016, 02:33 AM
Yes,even one of my friend told me about the taste of choco cupcakes at the same store and she was bit disappointed with the taste.

azcavalier
05-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Yes! It's called Baby Cakes!!!! It's one of the things we are looking forward to most while visiting!!!! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free!!! It's like they put it there for meeee!!!

I thought it was called Sprinkles. Is this the one with the cupcake vending machine?

SurferStitch
05-20-2016, 11:57 AM
I was thinking the OP meant Sprinkles, too.

Melanie
05-20-2016, 03:59 PM
I thought it was called Sprinkles. Is this the one with the cupcake vending machine?

This is an old thread! Sprinkles just opened, yes. Baby Cakes is still there though (across from Raglan Road) as far as I know.