PDA

View Full Version : Difference between BWI and BWV

brivers222
06-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Just wondering as a non-DVC person... what is the big difference between the rooms? I know size is a tad bigger for the Deluxe Studio, but how does the studio compare to a normal room at the Inn?

Mickey'sGirl
06-10-2011, 10:43 PM
You get two queen beds and a daybed at the Inn, and one queen bed and a pull out couch at the villas. So to me the villa room seems bigger because there is less furniture.

brivers222
06-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Which is fine for us being just two people. I know that the actual being bigger 412sqft to 380 sqft is quite trivial

I was just surprised i was able to book Deluxe studio for cheaper than a standard room at the Inn

I am not really seeing a vast difference in benefits... so lower price is always better :)

Mickey'sGirl
06-11-2011, 11:20 AM
The lower price is usually the better bet. Especially with just the two of you. We LOVE both sides of the Boardwalk, and you honestly can't go wrong with either!

BrerGnat
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
The differences are mainly cosmetic. The villas have older furniture and are not quite as updated and "deluxe" feeling as the Inn. The Inn rooms, for example, have premium bedding, white duvets, triple sheeting, etc. Flat screen t.v. (not sure if the villas have been upgraded with those), and a more fancy marble bathroom.

Also, the Villas side is HUGE and has some insanely long hallways, and if you end up at the very end of the hallway, you will have quite a significant hike to your room. You can see this on Google Maps satellite view. You can see how the Villas side is laid out differently, and is more long and curving, vs. the Inn which is shaped like a horseshoe with much shorter internal hallways.

Plus, if you stay in the villas in a studio, there really is no hope for an upgrade. We booked a Standard view room at the Inn and were comp upgraded to Club Level upon arrival. No chance of that kind of thing happening at the Villas.

brivers222
06-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Thanks for your "review" natalie... because of it i am switching back to the BWI standard room. Maybe being on our honeymoon will afford us a upgrade ;)

hehe.... I am not a fan of long walk in hallways, so that is a good warning to take heed.

wildernesslady
06-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I just stayed at a studio there and enjoyed it. I was not that far down a hallway though. Enjoy your honeymoon.

EpcotFan182
06-12-2011, 03:10 PM
I love the BWV, but I do agree that if you're stuck with a room at the end of the hall it's a bit of a hike. That happened to me twice, but for one of those trips we were right outside one of the quiet pools and the community centers. We were also pretty close to the bus stop as well. Because of that I didn't mind the long walk from the lobby. Always will love the BWV!

brivers222
06-13-2011, 09:41 AM
I modified the ressie to BWI just for the off chance i get the upgrade. We aren't going to be spending time eating in the room so the kitchenette loss will be fine.

BrerGnat
06-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I modified the ressie to BWI just for the off chance i get the upgrade. We aren't going to be spending time eating in the room so the kitchenette loss will be fine.

I know you know not to count on an upgrade, but with the BWI being a convention resort, they tend to overbook the standard room category (this is what happened to us, apparently, a convention came in at the last minute and bumped a BUNCH of people from standard to Club Level, which was under booked). We were told that we were one of "many magical upgrades" that week.

Being on your honeymoon might help too. ;) At the very least, you might be able to get a better view.

I think you'll like the Inn. I found it to be a very good resort for adults.