PDA

View Full Version : Do the Disney Hotels have resort fees?

frozman
06-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone, I'm wondering if the hotels at Disney World have resort fees, like the Disneyland Resort hotels do in California. Resort Fees of course meaning an additional surcharge on top of your room rate (I seem to think DL's was $10 in 2007), in essence, they get you parking and use of the pool/fitness center. I was able to find that the Swan/Dolphin do, but what about Pop Century/All Stars/Port Orleans, you know, the Disney owned ones?
Sorry if this is a n00b question, but I have no experience planning a Disney World trip as an adult, just Disneyland.

Fangorn
06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
No, the Disney resorts do not have a "resort fee" attached to the. As you found, the Swan and Dolphin do, but they're not Disney hotels.

Steve

BrerGnat
06-10-2011, 06:46 PM
FYI, Disneyland Resort hotels did away with the "Resort Fee" effective Jan 1, 2011. Instead, they will charge a daily parking fee of $15 if you have your own vehicle.

None of the WDW (Disney owned) properties charge any sort of fees, except for internet (if you use it).

Parking is free at WDW resorts and parks (if you are a resort guest).

frozman
06-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks, I'm kind of suprised they don't, seems like another good way to milk us dry LOL. And yeah, when I was at Disneyland, I kind of considered those resort fees a way to make us pay for parking... when we took a bus there from the airport and didn't have a car.

chrim
06-12-2011, 06:08 PM
A quick comment, WDW operated resorts DO charge for valet parking, but self parking is free for resort guests.

There is also a charge for in-room internet access (and it is generally wired, not wireless).

I like the "what you see is what you get" pricing model, myself.