PDA

View Full Version : Lebron isn't all that

Mackflava99
06-10-2011, 03:49 PM
While he is a great player, I wish people would stop saying that Lebron is the new Michael Jordan, He is not.
Jordan never gave up in a game, and he never had excuses. I used to hate MJ killing my Knicks every year, but i respected his skills and will to win.

I would never have believed it, but Dirk Nowitzki is outperforming him.

I am actually routing for the Mavs ...its been a terrific series regardless.

Let's see Jason Kidd get a ring to close out a very good career...

Christine
06-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Beautifully said!!!!! :thumbsup:

Go Mavs!!

WDWfanatic742
06-13-2011, 06:03 AM
I'm so glad Kidd got his ring, sad that he didn't get it with the two chances the Nets had...I hate Dirk and the rest of the Mavs with a passion, but I'm happy for Kidd.

Plus I have one more final day of hearing about this topic before all the local folk will find something else to bandwagon onto. It's really sad if you think about it.

And I'll finish my post with this...Dan Gilbert...I'm sorry, but someone who whines THIS much about LeBron leaving (Which BTW, he had every right in the world to do) has just completely lost touch with reality and needs to move on. Instead of worrying so much about what LeBron does, he should worry about fixing his own team...

Ramblingman
06-13-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't even follow basketball and am tired of hearing about Lebron. Talk about a diva.

That being said, I was hoping the Mavs would win, in the same way I'll cheer for pretty much any team playing the Yankees or Red Sox.

I'm a Rays fan, so I am doubly tired of ESPN being the Northeast Sports Network. They need to discover that there are other teams playing baseball who don't play home games in NY or Boston.

Mackflava99
06-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes its funny, I am a Golden State fan , but follow the Knicks.
A few years ago when the Warriors upset the mavs, Dirk was just awful. They triple teamed him and his teammates didnt deliver.
This time they did.

I never thought i'd ever root for him..
He deserved it, but he didnt deserve the junk the heat players were giving him.

They just lacked alot of class....
And lebron's speech " all of you can go back to your useless lives and i will go to mine which you all wish you had..." has to be the worst comment i have ever heard.

Christine
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
They just lacked alot of class....
And lebron's speech " all of you can go back to your useless lives and i will go to mine which you all wish you had..." has to be the worst comment i have ever heard.

No way! Man, just when I thought I couldn't lose more respect for him...he's just gross! Who was he saying that to? The NFL? His fans? the Mavs?

I think Dirk is awesome. I like him - I like how even tempered he is. He's more like Jordan to me than Lebron will ever be.

Now, Mark Cuban...blech!

Melanie
06-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Who was he saying that to? The NFL? His fans? the Mavs?

I think Dirk is awesome. I like him - I like how even tempered he is. He's more like Jordan to me than Lebron will ever be.

Now, Mark Cuban...blech!

It's the basketball (NBA), Christine, not the football (NFL). hehe! You know i couldn't let that one pass by. :D

You know, I'm probably the only one, but Cuban doesn't bother me. Maybe his appearance on DWTS softened things for me a bit. He made me laugh!

Go Mavs! :thumbsup:

Christine
06-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Oh man! I was SO close Mel!!! Hahahahha!!

I remember when he was on DWTS- that WAS funny! He is an odd bird, indeed!!

Mackflava99
06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I agree, Cuban is not as bad as everyone says- hey he wants to win, i wish more owners were like that.

Melanie
06-14-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree, Cuban is not as bad as everyone says- hey he wants to win, i wish more owners were like that.

Exactly. And it seems his players like him well enough.

Ramblingman
06-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I read the funniest story this morning. One of the Chicago Cubs minor league affiliates, located in Peoria, has announced a LeBron James promotion at their park.

Replica rings, which "like LeBron's is non-existent," will be presented to all fans who attend. Instructors will be present to teach the Heimlich Manuever to prevent people or their friends from choking.

But the funniest part is the team is petitioning the league to take off for the 4th inning, saying "if LeBron doesn't need to show up for the fourth, maybe we don't either."

Christine
06-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Re: Mark Cuban-

I read where be tipped a server in Miami $20k! That's amazing! Gained a lot of respect !!