PDA

View Full Version : Pizzafari any good?

Gator
06-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Honestly, in 6 trips I've never tried this place. Flame Tree BBQ is just so good, I don't go anywhere else. We went to YakYeti CS and the wife wasn't impressed, but I can't imagine pizza at WDW being that good. At least, not as good as Flame Tree. Who's been there and what do you think.

btharvey
06-10-2011, 06:51 AM
The personal pizzas are probably the best in the parks, which means it's about average and not the cardboard that you can find elsewhere.

The salad that comes with it, however, is wonderful when compared to others, so the combination is not too bad.

And if you're hooked on the background music, like some of us are ... :cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
06-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I'd rather do Flame Tree BBQ.

elmjimmlm
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Pizzafari also has a really good Italian sandwich that I get every time we go... They also have breakfast and it's pretty good too!!! We love Pizzafari because it's our CS in AK!!!

Strmchsr
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Pizzafari is fine, but I'd never replace Flame Tree with Pizzafari.

MushuGrl
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I love being told to "have a wild day!"

faline
06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I've never tried the pizza but have enjoyed the Italian sandwich previously mentioned. In approximately 3 visits to this site, there have been service issues on 2 visits. (Items not included with the meal which should have been [chips] and, on our last trip, skipping over our order entirely and filling the next person's in line instead)

PETE FROM NYC
06-10-2011, 01:14 PM
All pizza in WDW is garbage. Ketchup on cardboard. An insult to my Italian heritage.

Stickey
06-10-2011, 03:52 PM
The pizza at Pizzafari is good. The pizzas are personal-size with a slightly chewy crust, spicy sauce, and good toppings. Pizzafari is a good choice for someone who likes pizza and is not limited to eating just one style of pizza.

Overall, Via Napoli has the best pizza at WDW.

TikiGoddess
06-11-2011, 05:26 AM
We've had decent meals at Pizzafari. The Italian sandwich is good. The pizzas are... Well... Disney pizza. I don't mind them at all, but if you're picky about pizza, you won't like them.

The best part of Pizzafari is the restaurant itself. The rooms are each decorated with different types of animals. It's worth just walking through the eating areas to see them all!

Kathy

beksy
06-12-2011, 12:04 PM
We have 2 CS meals in the AK area this trip and I have been wondering what we would do for the second (Flame Tree for the first since I love BBQ). My sister could eat pizza every meal but isn't picky about it so I think we'll be giving this a try...I want to see the rooms and hear that music! :mickey:

Mackflava99
06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Stay with flame tree-

the only pizza i used to like at WDW was in Spoodles and now that's gone.

ElenitaB
06-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Funny how people's taste vary. But if you like DiGiorno, I'd say that you might like Flametree's pizza. And yes, their sandwiches are good.

Giselle
06-13-2011, 10:34 PM
It is a good change from flametree (which I also like). It has a nice indoor seating area and good sandwiches as well. Enjoy 

Silver_Surfer
06-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Gotta be better than "Pizza Planet"
The pizzas at "Wolfgang Puck" was great.

AmandaChan
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Personally I think the pizza is good. Family didn't like the crust. Half of our party walked back Flame Tree and the kids ate pizza. The only reason we picked pizzafari this past trip was because it was so friggin hot and it was the only indoor eating that we could think of at the time. Plus we like to always try something new..

BigThunderFan
06-16-2011, 06:05 PM
We finally tried it our last trip and were pleasantly surprised. We have always been Flame Tree people, but being from KC (THE BBQ CAPITAL OF THE UNIVERSE don't argue, just accept it) we thought it wouldn't hurt to try something different.

The pizzas did really have a crust similar to a DiGiorno, and the salad was a nice touch. My wife and I each ate a salad and a slice or two of the pizzas that the kids didn't finish. We ordered two cheese pizza meals which came with the two side salads. It was a little less than 4 of us could have eaten, but still good and filling enough until `Ohana that night!

Loved the atmosphere of the place too.