PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or Pop....

GBBT
06-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey Intercotees,we need help in deciding to stay at POFQ(will be 1st time there) or stay at POP again(2003-2007 and last year).We can stay at POFQ for about same price as Pop last year(and hope Disney adds free dining).We'll be going around the 15th of December...Thanks.

HackLaSalle
06-09-2011, 11:21 PM
POFQ! The Christmas Decorations are awesome there. That's also may be the week of Pop Warner Cheer and Football competitions and they may be at the values. I'm a huge fan of POFQ in general but when posed with this very question at almost the same exact time last year I went for POFQ and recommend you do the same.

GBBT
06-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks,I think it's time to try PO. my sisters went there last year in Oct. but didn't like PO,said it didn't feel Disney to them.We went resort hopping 1 year and thought it was nice.By the way,I looked it up and Pop Warner week is the 3rd-10th.:D

Strmchsr
06-10-2011, 09:23 AM
POFQ is one of my favorite resorts, but that's because I've played jazz since almost the time I could talk and love the New Orleans feel. I think POFQ is perfect for couples. Nice, quiet romantic feel. It's okay for kids, too, but kids generally prefer all of the cool characters and icons at the value resorts. There's not much that just screams Disney at POFQ like at Pop. We stayed at values while our kids were younger, but have started staying more often at moderates now that they are getting a little older. POR is often a bigger hit with the kids, too, because of the swimming areas.

AgentC
06-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I've stayed at POP and POFQ. I prefer POFQ, but I prefer moderates and deluxe in general over value.

DS (5) loved POP but enjoyed POFQ too.

For me, POP is fine if most of your time is in the parks. PO is better if you want more recreation at the park. One thing to remember with POFQ (though I love it) is you have to take a short walk/ride to POR for most of the recreation activities. POR has horse & carriage rides, boat & bike rentals and fishing.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Easy call, POFQ! Love the small size of the resort and the boat ride to DTD.

mouse2508
06-10-2011, 09:53 PM
POFQ :mickey: We've stayed several times, great location and best moderate IMHO :D

Disney at holiday time, best vacation of all time :cloud9:

GBBT
06-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the responses.We can't go that week because my sis is going to Disney that week and the DW committed to watch her dogs for her.So now we're going 26th - Jan 2 to Pop,Denise at MJ just booked...yes it's a crowded time,but we've learned to go with the flow and not rush. POFQ will be in our future.:thumbsup: Oh and this year we'll actually be there on our 15th Anniversary!:party:

princessgirls
06-10-2011, 11:32 PM
LOVE THE POFQ. It's such a nice, manageable resort, and themed very well. It was my favorite moderate!!!

That being said, we stayed at the Pop once, and I knew if I wanted to keep going back to Disney I was going to have to give in. My husband and kids loved it!
Husband loved the cost factor, WE JUST SLEEP AND SHOWER THERE! We are out and about all day, we use the pools, but don't ever hang out in the room.
Give/Get...Staying at the Pop this trip and got a 10 day trip out of it, plus the waterparks for about $700 less than staying at the POFQ. Not too shabby! Normally at a mod we do just a 7 day trip and no waterparks.
I'M LOVING THE POP!!!:thumbsup:
Julie:mickey:

Tink#64
06-11-2011, 12:02 AM
We love Pop, we have DS' 13 & 15, and we're still definitely into the Disney feel with the theming. DH wants to try POFQ sometime, & although it looks pretty, but right now I don't think it suits us, if it was just DH & myself, definitely would do a mod, but for fam vaca with the DS' we're more in to the fun side of it all. We stay at nicer more grown up hotels outside of WDW, but when we're there - we want to be immersed in the fun! And save the money for spending on shopping, dining souvenears, etc! We're only at the resort for a little pool time & to sleep! I'm not going to pay more for that! So for now, it's value all the way! :thumbsup:

darthmacho
06-11-2011, 11:49 AM
If money isn't a factor, go with the moderate every time. POFQ is very nice, though I prefer POR. You must be so excited !:mickey:

Daisy712
06-11-2011, 01:07 PM
We have stayed at both resorts. We would pick Pop any day over POFQ. POFQ was too quiet for us. As a side note, we tried CBR last summer and missed Pop. Our hearts belong to Pop.

BugeyedMuggy
06-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Not a fan of moderates but we love to walk around French Quarters at nite, take a carriage ride thru the cobble stone streets and sit in the lounge and watch Bob Jackson. Boatrights was a good place to dine.