PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for planning Sept 2012 trip...

MuchLovedMama
06-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm a very detailed over-planner when it comes to planning trips to Disney. Currently I'm planning our Sept 2012 trip as well 3 other families that want to go with us or around the same time as us. I want to save everybody as much money as possible and I've told them all about free dining so we're all hoping for it but I've told them that it's certainly not a guarantee but since they've done it for 7 years hopefully it'll still be offered next year.

My money saving idea is this, if in January an offer for "Kids Stay and Play Free" comes out like it did this year then I'd like to book that for everybody just in case free dining doesn't come back. That way some saving is better than no savings.

My question is, is it easy to call up the reservation line down the road if free dining is offered and change pin codes? I'm guessing it's like cancelling the reservations and rebooking? Do you need to have the insurance in order to do this or is it not a problem?

We're hoping to stay at the new Art of Animation resort but who knows if reservations will be open when these offers come out. If not my plan is to book at POP and change if available.

I'm sure some will want to suggest MJ but I really enjoy doing this all myself. I've always done our own reservations and have booked many trips for other family members and friends through the years. I always wanted to be a Travel Agent myself I just never followed through with it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I would be one of those people who will recommend Magical Journeys, but have done it on my own before I knew about them.

It can be done, you can call and have the new rate applied to your existing reservation. You don't need insurance or anything, and as long as it is before the full payment is due, you won't be charged anything.

BUT, the first year free dining came out, I kept seeing all of these ads everywhere, but everytime I called Disney, they would tell me that I couldn't get the new rate for [insert reason here]. It took about 4 times of trying before I got a code that would "work" and they were able to move me over.

vicster
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I would definitely book through Magical Journeys and they will find any discounts for you and change reservations if needed.