PDA

View Full Version : tickets

eeyorepoohfan
06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
My sister and her family are planning a trip to WDW in December. It looks like they will be there for 12 days. So here's my question, and I think I know the answer but want to be sure. Do they have to purchase a 10 day ticket and then a seperate 2 day ticket? Or can they add 2 days to their 10? I was checking into the costs of the annual passes and it looks like they may save a little with that option. What are your opinions on this. It's a family of 5 and they are all counted as adults now. Thanks for your help!

KylesMom
06-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, they would need to buy a ten-day pass plus a two-day pass. In this situation, the A/P is a better value - and they can park-hop to their hearts content! :mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
06-09-2011, 02:00 PM
That's what I was thinking on both accounts. I just wanted to make sure that I was remembering things correctly. I've never had the problem of being able to go to WDW for that long :( , so I get much shorter tickets. Maybe one day I'll have to get a annual pass due to a long trip! :thumbsup: I'll pass the info on to my sister.

KylesMom
06-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe one day I'll have to get a annual pass due to a long trip! Or if you plan on going two years in a row, pick a date a bit later in the year - say November of 2012 - and then return for your next trip before your tix expire in 2013. Works like a charm! :cloud9:

eeyorepoohfan
06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Or if you plan on going two years in a row, pick a date a bit later in the year - say November of 2012 - and then return for your next trip before your tix expire in 2013. Works like a charm! :cloud9:

I will have to keep that in mind if we know we will be able to do a trip 2 years in a row. Right now we have to take a year or two off from WDW to pay some things down. :( Fingers crossed that it's not too far away!

CleveRocks
06-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I will have to keep that in mind if we know we will be able to do a trip 2 years in a row. Right now we have to take a year or two off from WDW to pay some things down. :( Fingers crossed that it's not too far away!But that will only work out financially if you will need no more than 10 park days in total for both trips. If you have to buy even just a 1-day ticket in addition to a 10-day No Expiration ticket, you are much MUCH better off buying separate base tickets for each trip.

No Expiration only pays off in two circumstances:
1) Your No Expiration ticket TOTALLY fits your park day needs for two or more future trips; OR
2) You know you will be going to Disney World every 13 months or more (no more than one trip in any one year period), and thus you can just keep buying 10-day No Expiration tickets when you run out of the last one.

sainter
06-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Is the trip itself 12 days? Do they want to be in the parks every day? With a trip that long they may find they want or need a day or two of down time mixed in - sit by the pool or DD or resort hop? Anyway,if that is a possiblity it may make sense to just buy the 10 day hopper, and then if they find they want more days to convert it to an annual pass while there. If not, they have saved the cash. Unless there is something I am not thinking of....

eeyorepoohfan
06-10-2011, 12:25 PM
My sister just let me know that they are just doing a 10 day hopper. They will be doing one day at Universal to see the Harry Potter area (they are huge fans). They also decided to do Downtown Disney on their arrival day. But thank you for all of the helpful info!

eeyorepoohfan
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
But that will only work out financially if you will need no more than 10 park days in total for both trips. If you have to buy even just a 1-day ticket in addition to a 10-day No Expiration ticket, you are much MUCH better off buying separate base tickets for each trip.

No Expiration only pays off in two circumstances:
1) Your No Expiration ticket TOTALLY fits your park day needs for two or more future trips; OR
2) You know you will be going to Disney World every 13 months or more (no more than one trip in any one year period), and thus you can just keep buying 10-day No Expiration tickets when you run out of the last one.

When we take our trips we've been going for 6 days (and in the parks for 6 days). So if we did at least 2 six day trips in that "year", the annual would work. I would really like our next trip to be 7 days if I can swing it! But this is helpful info to know! Thanks!