PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe- Quick Report

DVC2004
06-09-2011, 12:17 PM
So we went here for dinner this past Sunday night. We were at WDW to celebrate my son's graduation from 8th grade and his 14th birthday. We have eaten here before but not in a while...

We did note the celebrations on our reservation, again at the podium, and a 3rd time to directly our server. It did say it on our ticket (the paper they take to the table with the name and party info for reservation)/ We (I mean us as parents) were a little let down because there was no acknowledgement of the celebrations we noted. Even after my husband let our server know, nothing was done. Meanwhile around us they were calling out birthdays left and right, bringing out little birthday ice creams, etc. ???

The food was good, and I guess these celebrations just really depend on your server. We went here because we figured they would do something- call him out, have him ride a stick pony around or soemthing similar(embarass him a little in good fun-lol, he is a teenager). So, I don't know what else to say about that. I felt like we've had a bigger deal made here at local chain restaurants so not have any acknoweldgement at WDW felt sad. Did not feel like we were at WDW.Oh sorry- server did say happy birthday to my son. They did also orginally seat us way in the back out of the main dining room, and we asked to move to the main room to be part of the fun. They did do that for us.

Weren't looking for anything free, just a little attention for him. Last time we visited Raglan Road for my other son's birthday and they were great. The singing duo that performed there lead the entire restaurant in a chorus of happy birthday.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Sorry about your experience, I think it all has to do with your server

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
We also had an interesting experience at WCC, in terms of a celebration.

When we asked our server about it, she seemed confused that we wanted a "celebration". When we told her we did, all of a sudden she made a great big deal of it, and we were happy.

DVC2004
06-09-2011, 01:38 PM
We also had an interesting experience at WCC, in terms of a celebration.

When we asked our server about it, she seemed confused that we wanted a "celebration". When we told her we did, all of a sudden she made a great big deal of it, and we were happy.

Yeah we actually said to her it's our son's birthday and his graduation. LOL. Maybe we should have asked her to do something? I don't know. Well, it wasn't the end of the world but you know.

GBBT
06-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Sorry too about your experience...we went in December to celebrate our anniversary and our server asked me to get on 1 knee and propose again to get our complimentary champagne(yep,did it).:D

mouseketeer mom
06-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I think it has it all to do with the server. Its luck of the draw, really. We've celebrated many, many BD's at WDW over the years, and sometimes we have the grandest celebrations and acknowledgements when we least expect it, and sometimes we go into it thinking for sure the attention will be there, and its just not. During our BD week, I usually note the BD on as many ADR's as I can, and its a nice balance of birthday attention.