PDA

View Full Version : Visit swan/ dolphin

moe513
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
I would love to go check out the Swan and Dolphin. Can anyone recommend a good gift shop,bakery, ice cream or candy shop etc in either of the resorts. We have the DDP so I don't need the name of any restaurants.
Thx
I love to check out all the different resorts!!!;)

BugeyedMuggy
06-10-2011, 09:47 AM
The Dolphin has a a shop that is just candy. I don't remember the name but if you like candy that's the place to go. They also have a wonderful clothing shop. We like it because it has items that are not Disney. After a week of all Disney items it's refreshing to shop there. The Fountian is their ice cream shop. It's worth a visit to the resort.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
They also have Picabu which is a fast food/counter service 24 hours place.

moe513
06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Anything to see in the Swam??

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Not really, the gift shops etc are pretty much all at the Dolphin. They do have a lobby gift shop at the Swan and they have a nice lobby. But the Dolphin is the bigger of the two so has more to look at.

Dream'nDisney
07-10-2011, 11:03 AM
We are really liking the Dolphin and the Swan more and more each time we go to WDW. During our stay last month, we walked through the Swan from YC and crossed the street to play miniature golf. We didn't realize they had basketball hoops. We asked their hotel staff if we could play basketball if none of their guests were on the court, and they said yes. That night, my DH won a basketball at BW - which we later had them deflate for the flight home. The next day, my DS and DH played basketball while my daughter and I walked around the pool areas, which are very beautiful, and layed in the hammock at the Swan. These two resorts are very beautiful and relaxing. In the future, if we can't get a good discount for YC, we might stay at Dolphin or Swan. Oh, and we love Picabus for good food which is open 24 hours.

darthmacho
07-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I like to visit resorts too, especially those I don't expect to stay at in the near future. We visited the Swan and Dolphin in 1999, and it was a fun experience. I did notice, though, that both resorts lacked the "Disney" magic. I assume that's because they aren't run by WDW. I apologize, but I don't recall the name of the gift shops or counter services, but I'm sure they have them. You'll have a good time exploring. :mickey:

moe513
07-10-2011, 08:28 PM
I love to check out anny gift shop!!!!!!!:mickey: