PDA

View Full Version : Crowded Lately?

robnadina
06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey All
For those that have been going to the Parks on a regular basis, is it just me or has the Crowds seemed very busy pretty much everyday since Easter? We usually try to pick some obscure day to go when we think the crowds will be tolerable, but new attractions aside, we really havent noticed when a "slow" day would be.
Thanks and hope you all have a great day

tinkwest
06-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I guess I've been lucky. I have found completely the opposite. I'm always pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds spread throughout the parks. Of course, the hot spots (Star Tours, etc.) have a lot of people condensed in one area. But overall things have been very manageable when I'm there.

robnadina
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I guess I've been lucky. I have found completely the opposite. I'm always pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds spread throughout the parks. Of course, the hot spots (Star Tours, etc.) have a lot of people condensed in one area. But overall things have been very manageable when I'm there.

Thanks for the re-assurance. We havent been so lucky and have been trying to figure out a good day to go see Star Tours 2. I guess we will have to wing it :)

2Epcot
06-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I haven't been back to the parks since opening day for both Star Tours and Little Mermaid last Friday. Crowds were insane that day. From what I've been reading, Star Tours lines are still very long. FastPasses are usually gone before noon and there is quite a bit of a wait all day.

tinkwest
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the re-assurance. We havent been so lucky and have been trying to figure out a good day to go see Star Tours 2. I guess we will have to wing it :)

Going again on Monday. Will see if my luck holds out. I'm kinda thinking NO now that Star Tours is in full swing.

I haven't been back to the parks since opening day for both Star Tours and Little Mermaid last Friday. Crowds were insane that day. From what I've been reading, Star Tours lines are still very long. FastPasses are usually gone before noon and there is quite a bit of a wait all day.

RE: Star Tours in particular

DS went on Tuesday 06/07. Was in the gate at opening. The line was on Main Street and 2 hours long. By 10AM the FastPasses were gone. Bear in mind that this was a Magic Morning, but still - YIKES!

He said the rest of Disneyland had a good amount of people as well.

2Epcot
06-09-2011, 12:49 PM
RE: Star Tours in particular

DS went on Tuesday 06/07. Was in the gate at opening. The line was on Main Street and 2 hours long. By 10AM the FastPasses were gone. Bear in mind that this was a Magic Morning, but still - YIKES!

He said the rest of Disneyland had a good amount of people as well.

I think Star Tours will increase the crowds in the rest of the park. People will go wanting to see Star Tours, then see the line and change their mind. Kind of the same way people will go to a movie theater to see a new film, find out it is sold out, and have to see something else.