PDA

View Full Version : Great FL Adventure Part 3

EpcotChic23
06-08-2011, 11:31 AM
May 17th-

DD wakes up at a good time. My DM and I agree to be nice and let the men in our lives sleep so we head out to Capt Cooks for breakfest. We are on the dinning plan this time around so here is our counter service for the day. Once we are done everyone starts to get ready to go to Epcot. Today is the last day of the Flower and Garden show so wanted to check everything out. DH got my cold that I had last week so he tells me he will meet us there. I head over to Epcot with my folks and bro. They had the 1015 behind the seeds tour, so they went on that I took DD on The Seas with Nemo. DD LOVES fish so she was in awwwwww. After that DH arrived at Epcot so we meet him in club cool. DD does not want to sit in her stroller and wants to walk around. Which at first is fine. She is good holding DH hand. We start walking to World Showcase we have lunch at San Angel Inn. Then all of a sudden my DH notices his sunglasses are off his head. So he starts tracing his steps back. DD wanted nothing to do with this so she starts running around. I try to grab her and she starts having a "meltdow" terrible two's have arrived. One of times she runs in front of a family that does not see her and they trip her. Unfortuantly they did not speak English so when I was trying to tell them don't worry and I am sorry they did not understand. DH can't find his glasses so we head to Mexico. We get seated right away BUT DD does not want to sit. So we order and DH takes DD for a walk so I get to eat, then we switch and I let DH eat and I take DD on the Donald Duck boat ride. Once we are done we meet up. Put DD in the stroller and within 5 mins she is out cold. I go get a fiesta margarita:marg:. The day was amazing. It was 82 degrees sunny with an amazing breeze. So we choose to sit on a bench and people watch. DH goes to lost in found to check on his glasses no go and he will never get them back:( We then start to walk WS while we pass Canada we see my dad outside the resturant they are eating lunch there. We say a quick "hi" and continue on. DD wakes up at some point. We then choose to go back to the room. We get back there and we just hang until dinner at the California Grill. My favorite. We have an early rezz b/c of DD. We get there and seated right way. We had a view of Epcot which was nice. I had the goat cheese ravoli and the pork tenderline.......AMAZING. DD was pretty good most of the meal (thank GOD for Mac and Cheese and bread). By dessert though she was done sitting. So DD and DH take her to the 4th floor to run around. DM and me wait to pay the bill.

That night was EMH at the MK and DH and I were planning to go, BUT DD had a diffrent agenda for us. She was just cranky and I felt bad leaving her with my parents. So we all came back to the Poly looked around some of the shops. @ 9 DH and I go to the beach to watch the fireworks. We found one of the speakers playing the music and we stood by it to hear the music. Wishes always bring my DH and I a little closer. After that the Poly was showing a movie on the beach. This is so cool. They were showing UP that night. The movie started as soon as the fireworks ended and when the into began and they show the the fireworks going over the castle I just started to tear up b/c we just saw saw them live how cool. It was another cool night so I opted not too watch the movie (OK the real reason is when I watch UP i cry like a baby). When we get back to the room DD was asleep in my bed. I took a quick shower and joined her. Hoping today will only be her cranky day.

faline
06-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry about the lost glasses!

Children certainly due force one to be flexible! It's nice you and your husband were still able to see the fireworks from the beach!

KylesMom
06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
All in all, a good park day at Epcot. I think we lose at least one pair of sunglasses per trip - I've learned to bring spares! :D

It's always hard to gauge how toddlers are going to react - especially at Disney. I hope your DDaughter makes it over the crabby bump & the trip goes smoothly from here on out. Great dinner at CG! Cool that DH and yourself were able to spend a little romantic time together this evening, too.

Thanks for sharing another great day! :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
06-09-2011, 12:15 PM
I think your daughter had a good day. You guys were out and about all day.

Sorry about the glasses...that is Beat!!

At least you enjoyed a nice dinner, and wishes on the beach with your DH! :cloud9:

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

emerzmom
06-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Nice day! Thanks for sharing.
:mickey:
Julie

mouseketeer mom
06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Sounds like you guys just rolled with your daughters moods, and had a fantastic day nonetheless!!
I cannot watch UP either. Way too sad for me!

Mysttree
06-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Even with a cranky baby- still sounds WONDERFUL. Thanks for sharing!

darthmacho
06-15-2011, 05:53 PM
A great, if tear-inducing, day. Not surprised that your child had a meltdown. My DD had a few at WDW at age 2, but that's inevitable I think. Sounds like you dealt with it as best you could. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Sorry about the glasses, thanks for the report