PDA

View Full Version : Our Great FL Adventure Part 2

EpcotChic23
06-08-2011, 09:37 AM
As stated in part one on the 14th we checked out of condo on Lido Key and drove to WDW. The drive is 2 hrs and very uneventful. We passed through WDW gates around noon. This is the first time in a really long time we actually drove a car through the gates (we normally take the magic express). So I planned as soon as we saw the gate in a distance to start playing the Main Street Electrical parade to get us all in the mood. I turn around to look at my DD and of course she falls asleep as soon as we hit Disney. She had a whole 2 hr trip to sleep (which I was hoping for) but she didn't. We are staying at the Poly so we drive there. DH spots the first monorail (this is a game I have been playing with my family since I was a kid) so he wins a pin. We pull in the Poly and park the car and go to check in. My DD stays asleep when I take her out and I go sit in the lobby near the water fall. It was very hard not to wake her up b/c I was super excited!!! DH goes and goes to check in. My folks and brother are not here yet but show up 15 min later. Our rooms are not ready but they say one is in the process of being cleaned and the other room will be next. My brother is really into the Vinalmation so he goes to the shops in the poly to see whats news. We all move to another seat and when we lay down DD she wakes up. We all deciede we are hungry (except DH he stoped for McDonalds on the way there). My mom goes up to Kona to see if there is a wait they said 15 min so we went. Lunch was so good. We had the pot stickers, sticky wings and BBQ pork tacos. DD was a little cranky she wanted to run around. So my DH came in and surprised her with a balloon which made her happy for the rest of the meal. My dd gets a text while we are eating that their room is ready. After the meal everyone goes to get the luggage to bring to my parents room (we have to return our car to the car center by 3 if we don't want to be charged for an extra day). As soon as we get to my folk' s door we get the txt our room is read which is right next to my folks. We are all stayin in Samoa bldg first floor facing the quiet pool. We love staying on the first floor especially with an alomost 2 year old. My DH and DD go return the cars and are back in a blink of an eye. I go take a stoll to the Poly pool bar with my DD to get my "welcome to DW drink" a mai tie. I realize this the first time I am seeing the castle. I stop a min to take a look. We walk by the 2 new cabana's by the pool. They look very cool my dad considers renting one for a half a day (but he deosnt b/c as usual vacation goes to fast). I get back to the room and DH is tired. So DD, my brother and myself hop the monorail to go to the CR. As stated my brother is into the vinalmations so he wanted to check out their selection. It is starting to rain now which cools off the FL weather from I would say 86 degress to maybe 75. Once we get back to the room we all pack up to head to the MK for our 6pm rezzies at the Plaza. Everyone goes in the park b/c it is raining. I have to stop to by my annual pass b/c mine expeired. I met up with everyone at the Plaza (DD is asleep). We wait 5 min and go in. The ruben sandwich is yummy and the tomato soup is even better. DD wakes up and I hear that little parade go by. I ran outside to show her all the charcters and she was in her GLORY!!! Screaming and waving.....and of course I start to cry. After dinner we all seperate. DD goes back to the room, DM and Bro go to tomorrowland, and we take DD to meet Mickey and Minnie. The wait was 5 min. My dd was so excited to see them until we get up to them and she freezes (she ended up doing this with all the charcters throughout the week). My dh tells me he is tired so he goes to the room and I meet up with my DM and bro. At this time the rain stoped (this was the only rain we had the two weeks we were in FLA) and it was like 70 degrees. The wait for splash was 15 so my bro and I jump on. Then we take DD on the train....O did she love it. We decieded to leave the park at this moment, b/c I was cold and I could only imagine what DD felt like. Once we got back to the hotel we met my dd at the bar. He pushed DD around while my mom and I had a drink. I had the key lime coconut martini with graham craker around the rim. O my it was sooooooooooooooooo good. On our way back to our rooms we caught a little of the firerworks but at this time it was freezing outside so we go back to our rooms and call it a night. We all crash in bed.

KylesMom
06-08-2011, 01:00 PM
What a whirlwind travel / first day at Disney! For the short amount of time you were at MK, it sounds wonderful. We schedule The Plaza upon arrival, too!

Hard to believe the cool temperature you encountered your first evening - I think this will probably be your only cool weather. Can't wait to read more about your trip! :mickey:

faline
06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Whew! What a busy day! At least you are all checked in now and can enjoy your time at Disney!

You're staying at my favorite Disney resort! And now that you've mentioned pot stickers, I wish I had some! Yummy!

pdrlkr
06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
It all sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!

Perfect day!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-09-2011, 11:21 AM
This is our first time renting a car (driving up from Vero to Poly next month) and you made it sound simple to return. did they give them a ride back to the Poly? I'm not sure how this works.
Love your room location too!

darthmacho
06-11-2011, 05:38 AM
You sure did a lot of splitting up and meeting up that day, probably a good strategy with a large group with a small child in tow. Sounds like you had lots of fun. :mickey:

T-Belle
06-11-2011, 08:49 AM
What a full day. The Martini sounds SO yummy!!

slegrant
06-11-2011, 08:56 AM
So fun! I will have to try that Martini:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Sounds great