PDA

View Full Version : Summer TV shows

MNNHFLTX
06-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Well, it's re-run time for a lot of our favorite shows. Are there any summer shows that you are going to watch? I think I'll try watching Hot in Cleveland (I love Betty White) and Falling Skies sounds interesting. I have been looking forward to House Hunters on Vacation and recorded the first episode last night.

SBETigg
06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm in the middle of moving (new house, yay!) so most shows have fallen off my radar for now. But I'm addicted to Game of Thrones.

disneymom15
06-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I like Hawthorne and Memphis Beat.

elmjimmlm
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Big Brother!!!
I watched Love Bites last week and it seems pretty funny so thats another one...
Im really hoping for a new Top Chef but I dont know if they will have one this summer...

exvagirl
06-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Big Brother!!!
I watched Love Bites last week and it seems pretty funny so thats another one...
Im really hoping for a new Top Chef but I dont know if they will have one this summer...

BIG BROTHER!!! I love this show. Seen almost every season :D can't wait for this season...

JanetMegan
06-08-2011, 08:23 AM
I actually set up the "summer" DVR last night with Memphis Beat, HawthoRNe, Master Chef, Man v Food Nation and I'll be ready when Hell's Kitchen returns in July ;)

Melanie
06-08-2011, 08:43 AM
No new Mad Men this summer! :fit:

I think I'll boycott summer TV. ;)

IamaDisneyFan
06-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm so excited because Covert Affairs and White Collar started again last night! I also watch In Plain Sight and Royal Pains (returns the end of June). LOVE the USA Network shows!! :mickey:

diz_girl
06-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Another Hot in Cleveland fan here. I didn't realize that it's coming back on already. Yay!

But I'll have to wait another month for my other favorite summer shows - Haven, Warehouse 13 and Eureka. All on Syfy.

Carol
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Summer programming for me equals baseball and;

Whale Wars, So You Think You Can Dance, Next Food Network Star, Rizzoli & Isles, Covert Affair, Master Chef, Flipping Out, Royal Pains & The Glades. (Going to give Rocco's Dinner Party a try too).

I've been watching Game of Thrones on HBO (excellent) and will indeed be catching Falling Skies. (love Noah Wyle). CANNOT wait for a new season of Damages! Watched the first episodes of Franklin & Bash and New York Ink really enjoyed both. I've also liked the first two episodes of Platinum Hit.

I record - I cannot tolerate commercials and fluff. Love Bravo, TNT, Food Network & USA. :blush:

Zawadi
06-08-2011, 04:58 PM
A summer of repeats. :sleepin:

Got to wait 6 months before my favourites of NCIS, NCIS-LA, CSI and CSI-NY come back.

I did get scared about CBS not commissioning a new series of CSI-NY :fit:. However, an announcement around May 17 indicates that CSI-NY will be coming back albeit for an unspecified number of episodes.

MNNHFLTX
06-09-2011, 08:13 AM
No new Mad Men this summer! :fit:

I think I'll boycott summer TV. ;)I know, I thought you and Mad Men when I wrote that first post. I really do need to start watching that show and get up to speed before the new season comes out!

SBETigg
06-09-2011, 09:17 AM
I've been watching Game of Thrones on HBO (excellent) and will indeed be catching Falling Skies. (love Noah Wyle).
:blush:

Another Game of Thrones fan, yay! :) It is really intriguing. I could have done without the glimpse of Hodor last week, though. :blush: I started reading the books, even better.

Melanie
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I know, I thought you and Mad Men when I wrote that first post. I really do need to start watching that show and get up to speed before the new season comes out!

:blush: On my list of things to do when I get back here next week and get in full moving mode. I WILL get that DVD mailed to you. :)

And Carol, Flipping Out is my other show I'm looking forward to this summer...and every summer. He's such a mess! lol!

Melanie
06-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Another Game of Thrones fan, yay! :) It is really intriguing. I could have done without the glimpse of Hodor last week, though. :blush: I started reading the books, even better.

My DH is really into it as well. It was slow going for him at first though, but he's loving it now. Me? I walked in the other day when he was watching and some girl was eating a horse brain or something...blech!

DizneyRox
06-09-2011, 11:25 AM
There's still a lot of new TV...

16 and Pregnant - If you're into train wrecks
Deadliest Catch
Tosh.0
MasterChef US
Hell's Kitchen starts soon
Amazing Race AU
NY Ink - Just started and looks good
Sons of Guns is starting up soon too.

There's not been much lack of programming hitting my "DVR"...

MNNHFLTX
06-09-2011, 11:31 AM
:blush: On my list of things to do when I get back here next week and get in full moving mode. I WILL get that DVD mailed to you. :)
Lol--I didn't mean to sound like I was hinting about the DVD. It was just a thought when I read your post. :D

2Epcot
06-09-2011, 12:51 PM
It wouldn't be summer without Big Brother! I've been watching since season one, and I'll be watching the show on TV and online this year as well.

White Rose
06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I adore TNT and I'm looking forward to the seventh season of The Closer. HUGE fan of the series and I'm rather sad this will be the last season. :( My mother and I are huge fans of Brenda. Also, does anyone know the exact date this will be back?

Also, looking forward to True Blood! We didn't get HBO until just recently (as in two weeks ago) and have been watching the seasons of True Blood as they came out on DVD. So, we're rushing to get caught up on the third season to be ready for the fourth when it premieres at the end of the month! It'll be nice to actually be caught up with everyone else for once.