PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day & a few other questions

dangerman
06-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Good afternoon,

I haven't posted on here for a while and thought that I'd better get reading seeing that I leave for WDW in 64 weeks and 5 days :mickey:

Anyway a few questions if I may:

We arrive on Saturday September 1st 2012 at around 5pm local time. From reading around I understand this is Labour Day weekend and thus I assume a national holiday?

During a public holiday In the UK a lot of places open but for a reduced number of hours and usually shut early, Is it similar in USA?

I am guessing I will arrive at approx 8pm at the resort and will probably have some food and hit the sack, and catch up on the jet lag.

What will the crouds be like on the Sunday and Monday around the parks?

I assume that September is hot a bit like August however with an increased risk of a storm? I was in Florida when 'Tropical Storm Tammy' hit Florida in 2005 at was there many years ago in 1992 when Hurricane Andrew also came so I think i've seen my share of bad weather thank you. :)

My other question is regarding the Magical Express. I haven't used this facility before and wondered if anyone had any tips or suggestions to making this transfer as smooth and as quick as possible?

Thanks for your help

Itchy
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Well to start with, it is a national holiday. Although there are businesses on labor day that will be either closed or on shorter hours, and some never close such as a 24 hr Walmart. So on the Disney property you should see nothing closed.

As for the heat, it will be there and the rain as well. As you stated there is always the issue with hurricanes. We flew into Orlando as Andrew was taking care of business in Miami, and we were at Disney between Charlie and Francis in 2005. We saw very little disruptions in services at WDW.

As for the crowds this is my favorite time of year. The Magic Kingdom will always be busy, just get there early. When we have gone during this time period we walked into most rides with little or no wait. I even made my ADR's at day 90 and had no issue with getting the times or restaurant that we wanted.

I think that you will enjoy the time of year as I do.

Hope this helps..:mickey: