PDA

View Full Version : solo trip--4th of July??

one2goofy
06-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I may have the chance to finally do a solo trip from July 3-6. Am I crazy for going that week? I know it will be unbelievably crowded.....any tips?

My plan is to go with the flow....shop....eat...ride some rides....RELAX....:marg:

disney obsessed
06-07-2011, 09:45 AM
IMHO
Any opportunity is a good opportunity.:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
06-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Sounds like you have a great plan already. We haven't been during the 4th week in 7 years so I can't tell you how the crowds are as of recent years. It was hot & humid. Take an afternoon break to cool off or relax in the room. We will be there from July 3rd to the 14th this year.

faline
06-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Going solo means you'll be able to weave your way through crowds and take advantage of single rider lines!

tyandskyesmom
06-07-2011, 02:14 PM
We did a long weekend a few years ago at the same time. We intended it to be a resort only trip to use up SWA credits form previous trips but my dad could not see taking the kids that close without at least going to the Magic Kingdom (which they would have been ok with) so he bought us one day passes.

We stayed at AKL and went to MK on July 2. I think planning is what made it so great. I think since so many people wanted to be in the Magic Kingdom on the 3rd and 4th, we had a nearly empty MK on the 2nd.

We hit Downtown Disney one day and it was practically empty.

We flew home on the 4th and let me tell you, that is a great day to fly. The airport was empty. There were 14 people on our whole flight to Chicago. And fireworks from the plane cross country were awesone!

slegrant
06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
We will be there July 1st through the 11th. We go to WDW ever year over the 4th and absolutley love it. We don't go in on the 4th but have not really ever have had issues with crowds the rest of the time, especially if you use extra magic hours:mickey:

DCDisney
06-07-2011, 04:06 PM
If you're a WDW veteran and it doesn't matter what you see/do or don't, you might want to consider a tour or two. If you get a tour reservation, then it won't matter about the crowds. You could do a Segway tour at Epcot and then enjoy the rest of the park, which is the largest and can better handle large crowds. Or a behind the scenes tour at MK may include a trip to the front of the line of a ride. Or, a relaxing trail ride on the horses at FW will have you away from the crowds.

I agree with others about enjoying your hotel, especially in the middle of the day when most people are at the parks. Alone time can include relaxing by the pool, or walking around or inside the resort.

Any opportunity is a good opportunity, alone or not ! :mickey: