PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose spaghetti and meatball cupcake!!

Christine
06-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Gotta tell you- we went to Mama Melrose this weekend. First time ever. Pizza- wonderful. Dessert? SPECTACULAR!! We had the spaghetti and meatball cupcake and it is not just fun but delicious! We all but ate the paper liner! :blush:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RqmiUpkUlNo/TerGyeve6yI/AAAAAAAABLw/2P7hXPDGWZ8/s1600/photo-745213.JPG

Had to share. That restaurant is a new favorite in my family!

Melanie
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I saw this on your FB the other night Christine. Had me intrigued. We've never eaten there, but now I'm wanting to. :thumbsup:

Christine
06-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I saw this on your FB the other night Christine. Had me intrigued. We've never eaten there, but now I'm wanting to. :thumbsup:

I feel like I'm "testifying" all over the place! But I really liked that place...and that dessert in particular! Fantastic!

KylesMom
06-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Christine, we've been a fan of Mama Melrose for YEARS. Glad you finally found it! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
06-06-2011, 10:38 PM
I've always liked MM. Never had a bad meal there. That cupcake is TOO cute!!!

Christine
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
We had a great pizza for lunch. What else do you recommend? We are thinking next time we'll try the calamari and chicken parmigiana? Any suggestions?

KylesMom
06-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Calamari has always been a fave appy of DH - not too chewy, and the sauce is delicious. Sadly, they recently pulled his preferred entree, which was the sausage & pepper dish so he'll have to find a new one to enjoy. I prefer the tomato & mozarella stack as an appetizer, and the charred sirloin as an entree. If you're a fan, try the sangria - it's awesome with dinner!

DS (who recently turned 13) has been a fan of the flatbread for forever . . . I don't think there's changing his mind on that one this summer! :mickey:

slegrant
06-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Looks yummy! Will have to try that in July:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Christine, we've been a fan of Mama Melrose for YEARS :thumbsup:
My family has been too--I've never totally understood some of the bad reviews it got. The calamari is definitely a favorite. :tasty:

RedSoxFan
06-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Sadly, they recently pulled his preferred entree, which was the sausage & pepper dish so he'll have to find a new one to enjoy

That was my favorite dish there: rigatoni with sausage/peppers. Very disappointed it's not on the menu anymore. But I do have ADR's for MM in November.

darthmacho
06-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I saw Mama Melrose has goat cheese ravioli on their menu. Since I found out, I've put Mama Melrose on the ADR list for next trip. As for the cupcake, I bet it's delicious, but the mind balks at the sight of it because it's sending mixed messages...lol. :mickey:

VWL Mom
06-07-2011, 07:51 AM
The calamari is a family favorite for us especially with the hot peppers throughout. DS15 likes the chick parm and DS 19 gets the chicken & pasta dish. My favorite was the eggplant lasagne dish but they no longer have it on the menu so I opted for the pork chop in November and it was tender.

We were going to skip it this trip but just changed our ADRs for June to include it. Did I mention we really like the calamari.

Haven't seen the "cupcake" before, very cute!

wildernesslady
06-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Glad you had a great meal. We have always enjoyed our meals here, but haven't been back for a while. I will have to add that to the next trip. The cupcake looks gooey and good.

SBETigg
06-07-2011, 09:07 AM
That cupcake is awesome! So cute. I have never been to Mama Melrose. There are so many places to try, and so many I already love. I will get there eventually. It gets some mixed reviews, but it always ends up near the top when we poll for favorite places.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Well, we are hoping to get this for the Fantasmic package for our Dec. trip...now I'm excited......

KatrinaJ91
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
We ate there on Christmas Eve this past year and loved the food and atmosphere! We will definitely be returning...hopefully soon!

Dsnygirl
06-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I showed my DH the picture, and now he's re-thinking our decision to do Hollywood & Vine for our Fantasmic pckg!! He wasn't sure he wanted Italian (which was a shocking decision on his part, b/c he'll ALWAYS choose Italian... :confused:) so we opted for the buffet... might have to try and see if we can change things around a bit... that cupcake just looks amazing, and the rest of the food everyone's mentioned has me jonesing to go! :)

idreamofdisney
06-10-2011, 02:21 PM
My daughter & I are allergice to chocolate - however, that is something that she would love to order if she could!

crltkcagle
06-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Awesome! We will have to try that on our next trip!

mouseketeer mom
06-11-2011, 01:47 PM
What is on that cupcake exactly? I can't tell from the picture.

ElenitaB
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Love MM's atmosphere... it's such a cute place. But it went off our rotation for a few years, only to redeem itself when we dined there with a group. Tried to get back but were unable to get in, even early in lunch service, because we didn't have an ADR. (Gasp!)

I showed my DH the picture, and now he's re-thinking our decision to do Hollywood & Vine for our Fantasmic pckg!! He wasn't sure he wanted Italian (which was a shocking decision on his part, b/c he'll ALWAYS choose Italian... :confused:) so we opted for the buffet.
For what it's worth, having eaten many times at both places, I'd recommend MM. H&V doesn't hold a candle to MM in terms of food or atmosphere. And the last time we ate there, I didn't have an "Italian" dish (I went with a fish and veggie entree which was pretty darn good). They also have steak and pork on the menu.

Dsnygirl
06-12-2011, 12:33 AM
For what it's worth, having eaten many times at both places, I'd recommend MM. H&V doesn't hold a candle to MM in terms of food or atmosphere. And the last time we ate there, I didn't have an "Italian" dish (I went with a fish and veggie entree which was pretty darn good). They also have steak and pork on the menu.

I tried to change our ressie, but MM is booked solid for the evening we wanted. :( I will keep calling, though, and hope for a last minute opening!! :thumbsup: :fingers:

MickeysEars
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Can't wait to try it! Looks so good