PDA

View Full Version : Expand Beaches N Cream

Imagineer1981
06-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I am sure this has been discussed, but Disney really should knock out the arcade and expand Beaches N Cream. The restraunt is extremely popular and even as a resort guest, its an hour wait or more for a table and they don't take reservations. The arcade I am sure is great for kids, but I associate arcades with the value resorts and not needed at the deluxe level.

diz_girl
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Actually, the arcades at WDW resorts have been there as long as there have been arcades. I certainly remember having a ball at the arcade at the Poly during our stay in 1980. Loved the Food & Fun center at the CR too. So they've been at the Deluxes since at least 1980 when the only resorts were Deluxes.

faline
06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Way back when, the arcade at the Contemporary was HUGE!! There was ski-ball; a shooting gallery; tons of arcade games and even a movie theater.

But...that's off topic.

I'm not sure that anyone anticipated Beaches' and Cream's popularity. I remember being able to walk in pretty easily for a burger and fries. I don't even attempt to go there any more.

RBrooksC
06-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Yes, that place is crazy small. We went there our last trip with a rather large stroller. Our youngest was asleep so they said we had to wait for one table and that table NEVER cleared in over an hour's time. Finally I picked up my daughter and held her so we could eat.

I don't think they need to remove the arcade but I am sure they could find another place for it and expand.

DisneyGiant
06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Beaches & Cream should definitely expand, but I've been repeatedly told that they never will.

We always joke that it costs us $20 more because we let the kids play in the arcade while we wait.

One night we waited almost 2 hours to get in. But we only get there once a year......... :mickey:

BrerGnat
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
The Beach Club needs a CS restaurant much more than a larger Beaches and Cream. But, that probably won't happen either.

I see nothing "non deluxe" about an arcade. Everyone likes to play video games sometimes.

I also don't get the hype surrounding Beaches and Cream. You can get the SAME burger and fries around the corner at Hurricane Hanna's for a couple dollars cheaper, and the ice cream is just Edy's...nothing special. You can get that same ice cream all over property. I'm not quite sure what the huge long waits are all about, especially because if you walk over to the Fountain at the Dolphin, you can get the same kind of food, and it's better!

KatieDuck22
06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I agree that beaches n cream should be expanded! Everytime we go theres a wait! It's so much fun, and a great poolside environment! In disney world theres so much stimulation the last thing it needs is an extra arcade! More Kitchen sinks less pac man

GBBT
06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm a burger nut and that has to be the best darn burger I've eaten at the World!!!:thumbsup: