PDA

View Full Version : Resort Cups

RBrooksC
06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
No, this isn't another "A bus driver said..."

When we were in Disney last month, we purchased the resort drink cup. My wife asked the workers at the Contempo Cafe, "These just work here, right?" She was told, "No, ma'am, these can be used at any Disney resort on property during the length of your stay, not just here."

The last I heard it was still a "home resort only" cup but my guess is the homogenization of the cups has lead them not to be able to police it so they don't even try.

mickey_M_lvr
06-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I think that there are a lot of people that do split stays....SO why would they buy a mug if it wasn't going to be good at both resorts? I think this is smart. As long as people know it is for the current stay.

tdk316
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
That's what the cashier told us at Contempo Cafe last time we were there. Because they're all the same (DH was sad to see the individualized ones go, he liked collecting them) how would they police it anyway? We used ours at Poly and GF while staying at BLT without a problem.

magicofdisney
06-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Less than 2 wks ago I took a pic at the drink station. The policy reads,

"Unlimited Refills available from the Beverage Station until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased. The Beverage Station offers Soft Drinks, Iced Tea, Coffee, Hot Cocoa, and Hot Tea."

Note it doesn't specify the stay must be at the resort at which the mug was purchased. Sounds like the policy has been tweaked.

ledudes
06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
My friend has used the same mug from past years over and over again with no problem. I don't think they bother watching for any of it. Why would they care what resort you filled it at.

Mackflava99
06-07-2011, 05:01 PM
We are doing a split stay in 2 weeks- so I will let you know if its an issue

beksy
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Most of our recent trips have been split stays and we always purchase the mugs at the first resort and then use them at the second resort too. We have never had any problems. On our last trip when I bought our mugs (at the Poly), the CM told me that I could use them at any resort for the length of our stay but I thought he had been misinformed so I didn't try it.

Ramblingman
06-13-2011, 04:26 PM
One exception to this is Shades of Green. Their mugs are different from the others and say Shades of Green on solid colored mugs that come in purple, green or pink. Refills are $1 and can only be purchased at restaurants at SOG. During the middle of the day the restaurants are closed between lunch and dinner so the only place to refill them is Lucky's, a quick service counter in the arcade room near the pool.