PDA

View Full Version : I think it just hit me...

Dsnygirl
06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
.... we're leaving for Disney in 71 days!!! :laughing: :yay: :clappy:

Not that I haven't known or been counting down... not that Disney hasn't been on my mind every day or that I haven't been planning my lists of stuff I still need to do before we go...

... but it really hit that we're going, that we'll be there, that I'll be walking down Main St soon, seeing our friends and hugging characters with my kids... walking into 'Ohana for dinner and CP for breakfast.... waiting in line for SM, Splash, BTMRR and ToT... we're really going to be there!! SOON!!! :D

Does it ever hit anyone else like this?? Dancing around my house right now... :dance:

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I love getting excited about an upcoming trip! Yay! :thumbsup:

UCJen
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Yes! :thumbsup:

We're leaving in 69 days. While I have been looking forward to this trip since we booked it back in January, I could not "go there" just yet.

I just wrapped up the final year of my Master's degree last Thursday and now I'm totally excited and really anticipating this trip. :mickey:

princessjojo
06-06-2011, 02:18 PM
It hit me like a brick wall, ironically at the 90 day mark. Then again at around the 30 day mark. Crazy, and unusual, it hit my DH about a week ago and he began dragging out our luggage, checking them out and deciding if we needed new bags. Now that we're 14/15 days out, I get giddy about every day.

I look at my Lines App about 2-3 times a day, think about new dining ressies, planning how I'm going to get on TSM without a 2hr wait, where I want to take pics of the Wishes fireworks, what I want for dinner at our ressies, and holding back the tears when I first walk down Main St. And knowing that we'll be there for about 9 days, I can't seem to get in everything I want do without feeling rushed.

Enjoy your trip!! It will be here before you know it...

sassafras
06-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Just got back May 7th and am at the 67 day countdown mark. Can't wait til August!:woohoo::woohoo:

tadshome
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
It hit me at the 90 day mark... we now have 76 sleeps and counting :cloud9:

KylesMom
06-09-2011, 09:54 AM
... but it really hit that we're going, that we'll be there, that I'll be walking down Main St soon, seeing our friends and hugging characters with my kids... walking into 'Ohana for dinner and CP for breakfast.... waiting in line for SM, Splash, BTMRR and ToT... we're really going to be there!! SOON!!!

Does it ever hit anyone else like this?? Dancing around my house right now...

Yep, it hit all of us last night that in 33 (now 32) days we'll be doing likewise. Love seeing everyone in my family so happy! :mickey:

princessgirls
06-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Blythe,

We are 72 days today! Arriving in WDW 8/20 and staying through 8/29.

Hope to run into you!!! I also have two girls!

I'm so excited for this trip!! We haven't been on a full trip to the world since '09!!!!

Julie:mickey:

Tink#64
06-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Yep, I'm really starting to get that feeling! We'll be arriving in just 15 short days! Oh my gosh I've got a lot to do! We're all so excited, I've drug out the WDW trivia books & we're all quizzing each other! LOL :mickey: Oldest DS has even joined Intercot! So cool to see my DS's - Figmagination - excitement & posts on here! :clappy:

Dsnygirl
06-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Blythe,

We are 72 days today! Arriving in WDW 8/20 and staying through 8/29.

Hope to run into you!!! I also have two girls!

I'm so excited for this trip!! We haven't been on a full trip to the world since '09!!!!

We should figure out something to put on our clothes to say we're Intercot people... we used to carry a backpack (okay, my DH used to carry a backpack... :blush:) but we're going to try to go without in August b/c of the heat. My girls still want to carry one, so maybe I can put something on theirs??

I'm thinking of getting the ICOT car sticker that you can buy on this site... so maybe I could get a couple of extras and pin them to one of their backpacks. :)

(and we haven't been on a full family trip to Disney since '09, either... when were you guys there? I was lucky enough to go w/ g'friends this past January, but my family stayed home and tried not to grumble. ;))

Mammabruski
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm just a little jealous! We leave in 300 plus 71 days! :mickey:

slegrant
06-10-2011, 10:32 AM
We are checking in to Fort Wilderness in 20 days and we are so excited....the sounds, the smell and the sights:mickey:

We can't wait!

grumpycajun
06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Yep!! Hitting me like a ton of bricks right this minute. I just set my "out of office" reply on my work computer:badpc: and I'm on my desk doing the "going to Disney tomorrow" dance!:woohoo: I'm usually known for my sense of decorum. Just can't quite pull it off today!:blush:

alpro2
06-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Blythe / Jenn - Beware of guitar players in pink tubetops and tutus. :cool:

princessgirls
06-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Blythe,

I like the idea of a sticker to put on one of our packs or something. I've been toying with the idea of buying a fanny pack and downsizing what I bring. We'll see...backpack way to hot!!!

I love Intercot, and never met one person from this site yet!! I'm on facebook... we can coordinate something that way too. PM me if you are interested.

We did two trips in 2009. One in March for my 40th birthday which found me sick with a 103 fever and a diagnosis of pneumonia. NOT a good trip for me. Family had a good time, then we did a quick 5 day re-do in December of 2009. I'm was so grateful and felt blessed to be able to go back and ENJOY the parks, as I was miserable in the earlier trip.
DH is not as big as a fan as I am, so we have to split the vacation difference in our house.

Let's try to coordinate something.

Disney4us2
06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi Blythe,

I like the idea of a sticker to put on one of our packs or something. I've been toying with the idea of buying a fanny pack and downsizing what I bring. We'll see...backpack way to hot!!!

I love Intercot, and never met one person from this site yet!! I'm on facebook... we can coordinate something that way too. PM me if you are interested.

We did two trips in 2009. One in March for my 40th birthday which found me sick with a 103 fever and a diagnosis of pneumonia. NOT a good trip for me. Family had a good time, then we did a quick 5 day re-do in December of 2009. I'm was so grateful and felt blessed to be able to go back and ENJOY the parks, as I was miserable in the earlier trip.
DH is not as big as a fan as I am, so we have to split the vacation difference in our house.

Let's try to coordinate something.

Count me in too. We will be there Aug 15th-25th. I have my scooter with plates on the basket saying "Marci's People Mover" and another with Disney4us2 on it.

DisneyMom12
06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I am at 70 days in my countdown. :donald:

Kairi_7378
06-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Blythe, I think it's great that your trip is so close... because I will get to read your wonderful trip reports!

Dsnygirl
06-13-2011, 06:27 AM
Blythe / Jenn - Beware of guitar players in pink tubetops and tutus. :cool:

:rocker: I'll be keeping an eye out.... :scared: :)

Dsnygirl
06-13-2011, 06:28 AM
:D To Julie & Marci -- I will send you a PM -- it'd be fun to find a time to meet each other! :thumbsup:

And to Laura -- thank you!! :blush: