PDA

View Full Version : Disney travel

DisneyAddictUK
06-06-2011, 12:32 PM
We're in WDW 6/30 to 7/6, and have a 5-day hopper (to allow for options elsewhere). I bought these online, and they are due to be delivered to our hotel (Downtown Disney).

We have an ADR at California Grill for the evening we fly in, but I wasn't planning to activate the hoppers until the next day -- will be be able to use the Disney transportation system to get to the Contemporary and back without activated passes?

DisneyBunch5
06-06-2011, 12:42 PM
You do not need to show ID or passes to use Disney transporation.

Imagineer1981
06-06-2011, 03:24 PM
any guest of the parks can use disney transportation

joonyer
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
any guest of the parks can use disney transportation

And any guests of the Disney resorts as well.

DisneyAddictUK
06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I knew you could use them if staying at a Disney resort, but we're at the Hilton DD (and I'm not sure how those affiliated hotels work), but if you don't need to show the passes I guess we'll be fine.

kemps@wdw
06-08-2011, 11:16 PM
yes

chrim
06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I knew you could use them if staying at a Disney resort, but we're at the Hilton DD (and I'm not sure how those affiliated hotels work), but if you don't need to show the passes I guess we'll be fine.

I think you will need to show your Hilton room key to use the Hotel Plaza Blvd. bus, but that should be it. Disney does not scan tickets with people using their own buses.

To get between the Hilton and the Contemporary, you can take the Hilton/Hotel Plaza bus to the Transportation and Ticket Center and then take the monorail to the Contemporary (although you will need to do nearly a complete loop to get there; coming back it will be only one stop),

OR

You can take the Hilton/Hotel Plaza bus to the Hollywood Studios park and then switch to the Disney/Contemporary bus,

OR

You can walk from the Hilton to the Downtown Disney marketplace and then take a Disney bus direct to the Contemporary. (If you don't mind a little walking, I think this option could work best for you.)

ransam
06-13-2011, 12:58 AM
you will have no problems...

have a great vacation.

spoiledraf
06-13-2011, 09:43 AM
As Devils advocate, with recent price increases and Disneys push to cut back on discounts in the future, I wonder how long it will be before you have to swipe your room key to use their transportation and force people to stay on site.