PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Question

crltkcagle
06-05-2011, 11:04 AM
We have never been to Le Cellier before and we finally got a reservation for our trip in September. We reserved a lunch time because I didn't want to use two table services for the dinner. So my question is what is the big difference between lunch and dinner now? And what is the best thing to eat there during lunch?

CajunDisneyDad
06-05-2011, 11:34 AM
As far as I could see, they have more on the dinner menu than the lunch. That being said, we have eaten there a few times for lunch, and I personally recommend the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet, it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten! It really is a cool little place..oh and I love the bread :)

Enjoy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Starting this year, lunch is still 1 credit but dinner is 2 credits and has a different menu. In the past, it basically had the same menu but lunch portions were a little smaller and they had more sandwich offerings at lunch. I think they have tried to make the dinner experience a little more appealing to foodies but I haven't seen many reviews yet.

E-OR
06-05-2011, 06:00 PM
We have had dinner and lunch there. When we ate lunch at Lecellier last September I had the the coffee rubbed steak but I don't see it on the lunch menu any more. It was so good. My son had the mushroom filet and my husband had some sort of sandwich. They both loved what they had. For dessert we all had the s'mores. YUM! We are eating lunch here again on our September trip.

mouseketeer mom
06-05-2011, 07:43 PM
We had lunch there in April. 3 of us LOVED the open faced filet steak sandwich smothered in this decadent cheese sauce.:cloud9: And of course a cup of cheddar cheese soup. Can't skip that!

crltkcagle
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Ok so what I am gathering is:

The cheese soup is a must

The mushroom steak is among the favorites

And what about dessert? Anything else?

Niecyboo
06-06-2011, 09:11 PM
For dessert I love the Maple Creme Brulee. I would even say it's my favorite dessert in all of Disneyworld.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-07-2011, 10:42 AM
That' s a second on the maple creme brulee my favorite as well

E-OR
06-07-2011, 03:52 PM
We have also had the Creme Brulee when we ate dinner at Lecellier. Was also very good.

Mackflava99
06-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Pretzel breadsticks !!!
Coffee rubber filet
Cheese soup
and a milkshake !!

jmj18
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
For dessert I love the Maple Creme Brulee. I would even say it's my favorite dessert in all of Disneyworld.

I agree!!! My favorite!!!

PlutoPlanet
06-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I get the Maple Creme Brulee. DD15 likes the chef's take on Smores. It's hard for me to describe, but it looks and tastes great. It looks like it is built or constructed.

I heard the steak sizes may be smaller at lunch. For example the sirloin may be 12 ounces instead of 14 at dinner.

LVT
06-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Lunch was great in early June. May be fewer choices, but certainly adequate.
Mushroom fillet with risotto
Cheese soup
pretzel bread
Maple cream brulee
:beer:of some sort
:cloud9:

dreaming of wdw
06-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I love the chocolate moose for dessert - very light and delicious :)