PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Timing Day 3

MOJoe
06-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Tuesday, May 24th

I wake up around 9, make coffee and walk to the Lobby. I spy a sitting area just below me on the 5th floor. I have a notepad, so i relax there, with my coffee, and jot down some thoughts about our trip thus far. A few minutes later, i decide i have a question for the front desk. I approach the Concierge. They greet me and i say, "I have a question. I'd like to know how are rooms assigned." They grow huge smiles, as if they are trying not to laugh. "The reason i am asking, is that i arrived very early Sunday morning, and was treated to an upgrade. So i was wondering if that room was assigned to me before i walked in the door, if i was just lucky, or am i the early bird that gets the worm?"

The CM's say, "Well, all those things happen. Sometimes we are overbooked in a particular category, so we need to upgrade some guests. But if you have driven all night to get here, and arrive at 8 in the morning, we are going to do our very best to get you into a room immediately. So there is some timing and luck involved." Satisfied with their answer, i thank them and say, "By the way, i am in room 6045." They smile, and add, "That's a very nice part of the resort."

Back in the room, Minnie and the boys are ready to go to Magic Kingdom. We take the boat, walk up Main Street, and arrive at The Plaza, where we have an ADR. The CM starts giving me the talk about how they try to seat guests within 15 minutes of their assigned time. So i know something is up. It's hot in the sun, so we find some shade. The "Dream Along with Mickey" show starts at the Castle. We wait, and wait, and no one is leaving the restaurant. But the show keeps us entertained. At exactly the moment the show ends, our pager vibrates. "Thats's so funny" i say, "I guess Mickey wanted us to see his show."

After we are seated we discover the problem. The computer system has crashed, and everything is being done with pen and paper. Still, we are happy to be inside. Jasmine is our server. She has been frustrated by the complications, and was in no mood for comparisons with the character that she remarkably resembles. We have a nice lunch. And as the Plaza starts to empty a bit, i finally break the ice with Jasmine. She takes our picture, and apologizes again for the long wait.

After lunch, we visit Mike and Roz. I love the interaction and random fun this show provides. "That guy" was right behind us. And who knew the Eiffel Tower was in Ohio? From there we ride Buzz and get Fastpasses for SM. "It must be a slow day here, when you can get a Space Fastpass with a 60 minute return time at 2:30 in the afternoon" i tell the boys. We decide to head to Fantasyland, and find where all the people are. It's packed! All the queues are filled. We want to ride a few things, but are not willing to stand in the sun. Minnie starts to complain about the heat and criss-crossing the park, so we enter It's a Small World.

The boys are horrified. But Minnie needs to be out of the sun, and seated quickly, so this seemed to be the best choice. After the shock that we are actually going on this ride, the boys discover all the pennies tossed on the ledges. They immediately start emptying my pocket of loose change, tossing and bouncing coins off the ledge into the water. Not satisfied, Solo wants my last dime as we get in our boat. Just as we are entering the attraction, he tosses it up, where is lands right in the tiny boat above us, at the top of the archway. He beams, as a small round of applause is given by our fellow riders.

From there, we escape the very crowded Fantasyland and walk around with no particular destination. We end up at Pirates and enjoy another boat ride. Our Space Fastpass time has arrived, so we start to criss-cross the park. Minnie seems to drag a bit. "You go ahead, i'll meet you at Casey's" she tells us. Indy suddenly becomes very apprehensive about riding Space. He's concerned that if we are put on the "right side" the journey will be too intense. So he insists he will only ride if we are put back on the "left side." Luckily that's where we are directed.

After that, we find Minnie, who is ready to go back to the resort. We enjoy the boat ride back to the Lodge. Minnie and Solo rest in the room, while Indy goes to the pool and i hang for a while at the pool bar. Not for too long, because we have dinner at Narcooses tonight.

I have heard so many people rave about this place. Thus, it has been on my list for a few years. Once we get dressed, we take the boat to the Contemporary, then the Monorail to the Grand Flo. As we enter the beautiful lobby, right on cue the orchestra begins to play. We don't linger much, but take a slow walk through the grounds to our destination. The decor is understated, but from the moment we are seated i am impressed with the service here.

Our server carefully guides our entree and wine choices. Minnie has Flounder, i have the whole Snapper, Solo has Steak, and Indy has Chicken. Minnie's Flounder has a sweet creamy sauce. Very yummy. My Snapper is presented beautifully. It is very spicy, but delicious. Solo and Indy devour their dishes. A rare sight. And as we are finishing up, the lights dim and we enjoy Wishes from our seats. After the fireworks, we end with Creme Brulee.

This was an expensive meal. But for the fabulous service, great food, wine, and a good view of Wishes without leaving my seat, i say it's worth it.

We take our return trip back to the Lodge. Since MK closed at 9 this evening, i was concerned how we may get back. But the boat from the Contemporary ran till 11:30, which gave us plenty of time to return home.

Today was fun, and less strenuous than usual. But today is memorable mostly for the great meal at Narcooses. And of course, Solo's lucky shot.

jillluvsdisney
06-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the review on Narcoosies. I have never eaten there but will be celebrating my birthday dinner there in November.

faline
06-03-2011, 08:44 PM
What a terrific day! You've got a great, laidback style which I really appreciate!

T-Belle
06-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Congrats Solo on a perfect shot! Sounds like you had another great day!

yjgirl32
06-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Another great report. Thank for sharing.

pdrlkr
06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Everything was in the groove again today, and Minnie sounds like me with the heat. Sometimes it just gets to be too much! Narcossees was amazing our one and only visit there..so glad you loved it!

darthmacho
06-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Another great report. Again, I commend your attention to detail (carrying a notebook helps, I know, I do that too.) I also continue to be impressed by your patience, endurance, your love for coffee, and your dedication to your family's needs and moods. Also, it would appear we have an appreciation for wine! :wine:
Look forward to more!

KylesMom
06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Another really great, laid-back day. Despite the crowds & heat, it sure sounds like an enjoyable one at MK.

Guess you'll be able to get Solo on Small World repeatedly after that shot! :D

Dinner sounds absolutely marvelous - and if both boys devoured their plates, that says something big. Thanks for sharing yet another fun-filled report with us! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Wow, sounds like a wonderful meal and report