PDA

View Full Version : Reservations at Lunch?

Dulcee
06-03-2011, 09:59 AM
For our 2012 honeymoon we're considering getting the Deluxe Dining Plan. Our WDW trips really revolve around our meals so we like the ability to do more signature dining.

But with the ability to also do TS lunches (which is probably a better value then using those credits on CS) I was wondering about needing reservations at lunch times at some of the restaurants. We always make dinner reservations in advance but I'm not fond of the idea of being tied into lunch ressies too.

So for places like Yak and Yeti, Mama Melrose and some of the Epcot TS, can you get in as a walk in for lunch times? Or am I dreaming?

...As a frame of reference were planning on going early December.

Disney4us2
06-03-2011, 10:10 AM
I was able to get a walk up at Yak & Yeti for lunch in December. We were there when they just opened.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-03-2011, 10:42 AM
As frustrating at it can seem to be running from ADR to ADR, I would book as many as you can, so you're not caught without what you want.

We have had some great luck at lunch, walking into many places, but have also heard people being turned away.

I figure that I can always cancel an ADR, if I decide not to use it, but it may be hard to get a spot if I haven't booked one.

akaDisneyDreamer
06-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I would book the ADR's, at least with anything that is important to you. I was turned away at lunch as a walk up in Magic Kingdom on one trip and ended up having to eat quick service and not enjoying the meal at all. This was in May, so can't really gage how that would be in December.

Last year was our first time using Deluxe Dining Plan and we loved it, with the exception of poor planning ... we found that It really isn't just a quick hop over to Epcot! For our own future reference, we will try to plan to eat in the park we are spending that portion of the day in, even if the most of the best food is at World Showcase.

ElenitaB
06-04-2011, 01:10 PM
You could always visit Guest Services as you enter the park each day to see what's available. The other key we've found to getting walk-in lunches is to be there when the restaurant opens.