PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Timing Day 2

MOJoe
06-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Monday, May 23rd.

After the late night MK tour, and incredibly long start to our trip, we all sleep in this morning. I wake up about 11 and make coffee. I dress, fill my cup and go explore the Lodge. It's easy to see why people love it here. The lobby is so big and filled with places to relax. The garden area around the waterfall is beautiful. I sat on the corner of the bridge that crosses the stream, just listening to the sounds for a minute. Then i went to the beach, took off my shoes and walked barefoot in the sand. I circled the DVC pool, thinking i might spot someone from Intercot, but no. I smell a slight odor of burning wirewood as i pass the Trout Pass Bar. Finally i went to the boat dock and sat on the bench there, finishing my last sip of coffee. "This place has it all," i say to myself.

Back in the room, everyone is getting ready to head to Epcot. As we get to the bus stop, again the Epcot bus is pulling up. We are amazed at our good timing so far. We are all hungry, so we hit the first place we see.

The boys are dying to ride Test Track. Minnine wants to shop, so we leave her in Mouse Gear and get in line. The wait was posted at 60, but the line was way inside, so we walk on in. The ride breaks down for 10 minutes or so. And Solo waves at some of his buddies from home, who are also in the queue. Not a huge surprise. We knew that family was going to be in WDW. But still a fun moment. Even with the delay, it's only a 30 minute wait.

We find Minnie and ride Spaceship Earth. As we are walking to check out the wait time at Soarin, Indy sees crocks and decides he has to have some. We look over the kiosk, but don't find the perfect pair. So back to Mouse Gear, where we make the purchase. Soarin has a 90 minute wait, so with Indy now in crocks, we visit Captain EO. The pre-show is ending right as we enter... again! We walk right in and have a seat.

As the show starts, a few fans yell "Michael!" as he slowly arises to view. I haven't seen EO in 20 years. The storyline is a little weak. And for sure, this is a voyage back to the 1980's. But i enjoyed seeing it again. Indy really liked it.

The boys beg to visit ESPN Club. I want to see the new band at Great Britian. So we split up. Minnie and i have a beer at the Rose and Crown, and make our way over the the English Garden as the British Airwaves starts their set. "How do you like the new band?" i ask a CM as we enter. They nod and give me a thumbs up. I however, am not so sure. The band plays high energy British rock. Songs we all know from The Stones, Elton John, The Police, Kinks and The Beatles. But they started out with such energy, it seemed to catch people off guard. They had a hard time getting the crowd "into it". It seemed that once they found something the crowd started to dance to, they changed up their set. From there on it was fun. Still, it's not the British Invasion. There is no doubt the new guys are good musicians. But with the BI, dressed up like the Fab 4, you could imagine you were really listening to the Beatles. I know it's make believe. But it seemed magical. This new band needs to find a way to add magic to their act. A tough assignment for a cover band.

After the set, Minnie and i find the boys and take the boat over to the Studios. We get to 50's Prime Time just as our ADR time comes up. Minnie has the Pot Roast, Indy and i have Fried Chicken and Solo has Steak. Solo's steak was tough, but everything else was delicious. We did our best to clean our plates.

After dinner, we ride Star Tours 3 times with only 10 minute waits between rides. Obviously, there are not that many people here for EMH. Solo and i ride Rockin Roller Coaster a couple of times, and we all ride Toy Story. Minnie and Indy see the Great Movie Ride and Solo and i take one more ride to the Aerosmith Concert. We exit the park after midnight.

Another fun day. And we are still amazed that other than at Test Track, we have hardly had to wait for anything. Hope we can keep our streak of perfect timing going for tomorrow.

BrerGnat
06-02-2011, 02:44 PM
I envy your perfect timing. Sounds like a great day!

I totally agree about the WL...it does have it all. I visited last week, and it reminded me that it definitely will always have a special place in my heart. I want to stay there again soon.

Great trip reports so far. I'm enjoying reading them. :thumbsup:

princessgirls
06-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Great day!! Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I love your description of the WL in the morning...:cloud9:

KylesMom
06-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Now you've done it - you've made me extremely homesick for WL. :sob: We fell in love with WL several years ago, and really haven't entertained staying anywhere else since then. Glad you took the "grand tour" this morning & found how beautiful & spacious the resort is!

Great day at Epcot - and thanks for the review of the new group in the UK. We'll definitely take a listen when we're down there.

I'm glad you had a successful - and somewhat empty - DHS evening EMH. How cool that you were able to hop on the e-rides repeatedly.

Good times - great day! Thanks for sharing another one with us! :mickey:

faline
06-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Ah! The joys of Wilderness Lodge! It is a terrific resort!

Lovin' your touring style!

T-Belle
06-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Your description of WL in the morning makes me want to be there right now!!!! How nice.
Hope your perfect timing continues!

yjgirl32
06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
What a perfect day. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
06-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

darthmacho
06-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Once again, I like the way you appreciate the little things, especially at the Wilderness Lodge. You seem to have a lot of patience, and you enjoy spending time with your kids while giving them a little freedom to explore. Also, nice way to take advantage of EMH. Star Tours v2 sounds like a fabulous ride. DHS is a great nighttime park. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the report...we are staying at the WL for the first time this December....