PDA

View Full Version : 4 Brand new Questions

ransam
06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
seems we haven't had one of these lately (last few days), and i love them. so i thought i'd start my own.

1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be?
2. Play imagineer and take out one ride/attraction from each park and replace it w/ another ride.... it can be an old ride, or something new.
3. Do your fellow employees or friends every question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply.
4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the whold Disney experience?

1. i would go w/ my cousin Jenny. She is 24, has never been and just loves it. i have gone w/ most of my other relatives, and friends, but if i could i'd love to go w/ Jenny.

2. MK-take out The stitch ride and replace it with the Wild Toad ride. Love that ride. Epcot-take out EO and replace it w/ a new 4-D show....something based on an uprising of the villans. AK-Take out bug show (i do like it, but it's kind of boring) and replace it w/ a live interactive variety show....kind of like the show they use to have about nature, but pluss it in all kidn of ways. HS-take out the Indiana Jones show and replace it w/ a real studio where people can come and go, acting out Disney movies, and then buy them if they want. so people can get a real sense of what it's like to make a movie.

3. its' more of a joke than make fun of me. but i always say that once i get bored, i'll stop....

4. Magical.

crltkcagle
06-02-2011, 01:31 PM
1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be? I would love to go with all of our nieces and nephews who have never been!

2. Play imagineer and take out one ride/attraction from each park and replace it w/ another ride.... it can be an old ride, or something new. MK-Sorry I know pooh fans will hate this but I would replace it back with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Epcot- I would get rid of ellens energy ride and put Kitchen Kabaret there!
HS- American Idol would have to go to make way for a Monster's Inc dark ride! AK- Remove the stupid mini fair dinosaur thing that I think cheapens disney and put a new dark ride centered around the muppets on a safari ride!

3. Do your fellow employees or friends every question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply. YES all the time! I tell them we love to go we save up all year for it and we don't enjoy dinners out and all the keeping up with the jones stuff. We just save up for our one big trip every year!

4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the whold Disney experience? Magical!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-02-2011, 01:43 PM
1. I would go with my Aunt Janice and her daughters and grandkids

2. MK-Carpets of Alladin-this ride is too much like Dumbo...I think they could come up with a better Alladin themed ride
DHS-Backlot Tour-this ride just needs some tweaking and updates
Epcot-Figment-replace it with Disneyland's Sorcerer's Workshop
AK-Tricera Top Spin-replace it with Princess Dot Puddle Park from Disneyland-a nice way for kids to cool down in this hot park

3.I tell them they would understand if they went to Disneyworld

4. Magic

darthmacho
06-02-2011, 02:41 PM
1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be?

A good question. Before last year, I'd have said my two little girls, but we've now done that. Honestly, my ideal trip is our family of four, so I say, NO ONE.

2. Play imagineer and take out one ride/attraction from each park and replace it w/ another ride.... it can be an old ride, or something new.

MK: Tomorrowland Speedway, and replace it with a Cars themed ride.
Epcot: JIYI, and replace it with something that is actually imaginative, but keep Figment.
DHS: Sounds Dangerous, and replace it with anything, even toilets.
AK: Can't think of anything to remove, but bring back the river boat ride with a new twist or theme.

3. Do your fellow employees or friends every question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply.

I work with a few other WDW nuts, which is good, but most question my love for WDW, so I tell them they don't "get" it and that they never will.

Paradise.

BWayGrl
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be? I would go with my friend Jamie. She has only been there two or three times. We've been friends since we were babies, and I think if we went together she would discover so much more, and we would just have the time of our lives!

2. Play imagineer and take out one ride/attraction from each park and replace it w/ another ride.... it can be an old ride, or something new. MK - I would also take away Pooh and put back Mr. Toad. Epcot - get rid of the old, never-used anymore Millennium Village and put Horizons there! HS - Get rid of Sounds Dangerous and put Monster Sound Show back. AK - Get rid of Primevil Whirl and put another thrill ride of some sort.

3. Do your fellow employees or friends ever question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply. Yup. No one gets it! I just tell them it's the happiest place on earth and I feel great there! I try to convince them that it's not just for little kids.

4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the whold Disney experience? I'll have to agree with the pp's and say Magical!

ali'sdad2003
06-02-2011, 04:21 PM
1. I would take my in-laws. They are always there to help everyone out an deserve to spend time away from everything with their grandkids. I also would like for them to experience the DDP with us. Just enjoying the food without worrying about the cost. This is my current mission.
2. Take out Stitch and put The Lion King in there. Take out the Pumba and Timon movie and put anything else there. Take out Sound Dangerous and add a Phineas and Ferb dark ride and take out Primeval Whirl.
3. It's just what we do. It is our place to create everlasting memories and every one has fun all the time. I do not like to just sit around. This is the perfect place for me and my family.
4. Memorable

SandmanGStefani24
06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
1. would like to take my mom. she hasnt been since around 84 when she took me and my sis. She is a bit of a homebody and we have to pry her away from home sometimes lol.

2. mk-get rid of stitch. i think this would be a really good place to build a revamped version of Horizons. I know it was in Epcot originally but it might work with the whole tomorrowland concept...especially with some new graphics, ride tech, and animatronics...

epcot-replace circle of life and install Body Wars II. Again, use HD simulators, more modern ride vehicles, and a better motion simulation unit. Nothing wrong with something older, being brought back into the present with modern tech keeping it relavent.

studios-gut the backlot. i loved it in 95 but it's not the same experience anymore. it could be a great spot for a mild roller coaster/semi thrill ride. Nothing along the lines of Aerosmith's but an easier ride that isn't as intimidating. That should be more entertaining and help with the long waits on the other rides there.

ak-not sure i would remove anything. maybe just add another dark ride or two.

3. Yeah, people wonder why I keep going back. Mostly the in laws and a few co workers. What can I say? Some people just don't get it!

4. It is only one thing. Magic.

Dulcee
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I would love to go with my nephews, went once when the older of the two was little but I'd love to go with the two of them now.
This is not an easy question...

MK: I'd loose Aladdin's carpets. Never saw the point of 'em. And I'd add in another E ticker ride, some kind of big roller coaster or something.

HS: American Idol can go. Never been a fan of this. Replace it with something Monster's Inc related, coaster again possibly.

EPCOT: I can do without the new Figment, bring the old one back, along with Horizons, I miss the oranges...

AK: Kali Rapids can go. Never a fan of getting soaked while walking in the parks. Any additional animal exhibits are good with me.

Friends, Family, they all ask. I just keep saying that if they don't understand after one trip they'll never really understand it at all..
Home.

AdventurerKim
06-02-2011, 11:23 PM
1. I would go with my friends; I'm always there with family.
2. Remove Pooh and put back Mr. Toad. Remove Mission Space and put back Horizons. Remove Sounds Dangerous and put back Monster Sound Show. I don't care about AK.
3. People always ask, and my response is, "Why do people keep going back to the beach?" Few understand.
4. Magic!

Dsnygirl
06-02-2011, 11:55 PM

My friend who moved to Tampa 4 years ago and STILL hasn't been... :rolleyes:

MK - I'd take out Country Bear Jamboree and replace it with 20,000 Leagues

AK - I'd take out Primeval Whirl and replace it with a similar (but better) ride we have up here in CNY called the WhirlWind

DHS - Can't think of a single ride I'd get rid of, but I'd love them to add a Cars ride...

Epcot - I'd take out Nemo and replace it with a 3-D, 360 degree immersive underwater theatre experience (and they could add Nemo in somewhere...)

They ask all the time... but there are enough of us here at work that go every year that they don't ask w/ the same disdain they used to ask with. ;) My family continues to ask, as well... and to both groups I just say that it is our place, the one spot we can all really, truly relax and get away from the real world, the one place where we really feel like we're playing and connecting with our girls, and the one place that when my DH and I go on our own, we're kids again and in our "happy place".

4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the whole Disney experience?

Magical!! :pixie:

Nice questions... I esp. liked thinking about the rides! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
DHS: Sounds Dangerous, and replace it with anything, even toilets.

:funny: :rotfl:

JasonH
06-03-2011, 02:12 AM
1. If you could go to WDW with anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be?
I have always told my friends that if I ever won the Powerball or Mega Millions, I'd take them all to WDW. :D

2. Play imagineer and take out one ride/attraction from each park and replace it with another ride.... it can be an old ride, or something new.
My answers here are actually gonna be more than just one on each.

MK - Hmmmm, tough one here. Only thing I'd take out would be Laugh Floor and put back in Timekeeper. However I think I'd have to expand a little b/c I'd want 20K LUTS, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the Skyway, Mike Fink Keelboats, Alien Encounter, Dreamflight and IYHW all to be brought back.

Epcot - Take out the current version of JII and replace it back with the original version and include bringing back the original Imageworks but be expanded to include everything they used from before all the way to now. Also would want to change back SE to how it was before as far as the ride goes (Kronkite or Irons version will do). Again, will need to expand here too b/c I'd also want to bring back Horizons, WoM, Epcot Poll, Wonders of Life(except Body Wars :ack: replace that with something else), Magic Journeys, Millenium Village (but change the name to something else of course), Kitchen Kabaret, Food Rocks and have a 2nd line for The Seas in which you can choose to go the way of Nemo or the way it was before as The Living Seas.

DHS - Get rid of the Sorcerer Hat and American Idol, bring in an updated version of Superstar Television and bring back Monster Sound Show (Remember, if you break anything, security guards in mouse suits will come out and beat you senseless. :funny:). Also I'd bring back the ability to have all you can eat pasta at Mama Melrose's. :eat:

AK - Actually, there's nothing I'd take out from here.....Just bring back Tarzan Rocks!

3. Do your fellow employees or friends ever question you why you go to WDW so much and how do you reply.
Not really. They know I'm a Disney nut and they can't change me. :mickey:

Like many will say and a few have said already......Magical!!!

biodtl
06-03-2011, 08:57 AM
1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be? My SIL. She always wanted to take her (now grown) kids, but could never afford it. I know she would love it and since we are very close, we'd have a great time together.

2. Play imagineer and take out one ride/attraction from each park and replace it w/ another ride.... it can be an old ride, or something new. Let's see: MK - I don't know about removing anything (maybe Stitch), but I'd bring back Mr. Toad. And pure nostalgia makes me want to bring back If I Had Wings; Epcot remove JIYI in it's current form and bring back the original. And bring back Horizons; AK - I wouldn't remove anything, I'd like to see another ride for families - maybe something like Jungle Cruise or a dark ride like Pirates; HS - remove Sounds Dangerous. Don't know what to add. Anything would be an improvement.

3. Do your fellow employees or friends every question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply. Some of them do and I mostly ignore them - they'll never get it, so I don't waste my breath

4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the would Disney experience? Magic!

Jim&AngieMarriner
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be? Ive went with everyone I would like to share it with except my cousin Wendy. I think we would have a blast.

MK. I agree, with an earlier post, the Magic Carpets have to go. Its identical to the Dumbo ride except for themeing. Perhaps put in a motion similator that would have you riding Carpet through the Cave of Wonders and around Agrahbah
Epcot. Ditto on the Sounds Dangerous Comment. Toilets would really be better. But if it would be replaced with actual ride/attraction.... bring back Horizons there.
DHS. American Idol. replace it with something interesting, say something where they show how some of the magic is done, like animatronics or how they actually create the fireworks shows or parades
AK. We havent been yet. We always plan on going but when it gets to that day, the kids have always begged to go back into MK.
3. Do your fellow employees or friends every question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply. Unfortunately we dont go often, maybe every 3 years. So I dont get asked these type of questions. Everyone knows that im the Disney guy though and they come to me for planning tips.
4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the whold Disney experience? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

MushuGrl
06-03-2011, 12:48 PM
These are fun!

1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be? My brother. We've gone and he's gone but we've never been together. (And it would rule - he's nine years old on a good day. Love that guy.)

MK - I don't really want to take anything out! But if I HAD to, I would take out Stitch, and bring back Mr. Toad!
At Epcot, I would take out Universe of Energy, and I would add an attraction based on Wall-E's Axium. (Did I spell that right?)
DHS - I wouldn't take out Great Movie Ride - but I'd update it. Can I do that?
At Animal Kingdom - I can't think of a thing I'd change, but Asia needs more Mulan!

3. Do your fellow employees or friends every question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply. Yes. And my reply is pretty much that everything I need is there! I can play, I can relax, I can eat, I can shop, and if I'm just DYING to see the ocean, it's not that far of a drive.

4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the whold Disney experience? Timeless.

snowflakegirl
06-03-2011, 09:37 PM

I would LOVE to go with my two best friends and their husbands. I took my boyfriend for the first time last summer. Our next trip is going to be a few years out, so we're hoping that by then we'll be able to plan a trip with the girls and their husbands. And one of them has a son who will be about 4 when we go. I'm excited just thinking about it.

MK - Tomorrowland Speedway. Theme it more towards Cars if it has to be there. Or make it more Futuristicly themed to fit in with the Tomorrowland theme.
Epcot- Replace the JII with the original.
DHS - I'd get rid of Sounds Dangerous. I'm sure we could come up with a better attraction there. Not sure what yet. Just know that it would be better.
AK - I'm not a huge fan of Chester and Hester's Dinorama, so I'd get rid of that whole area, and put in some rides themed to the mythical animals.

Not really. Most of them don't realize just how much I love Disney World. However, they tend to buy me Disney-related things for anything that they need to get me gifts for. One of the teachers that I'm closest with (I'm a school psychologist) tends to leave little things on my desk for no reason whatsoever like small Disney themed puzzles, Disney themed Silly Bandz like things, etc.

Magical.

Gator
06-04-2011, 01:13 PM
1. if you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be? That's easy - my daughter who should be born any day now. She hasn't been yet, technically (although she kinda was there in the womb)
MK:take out the Tiki Room (now that Iago is gone) and replace it with the Indiana Jones ride from DisneyLand
Epcot: Take out the Univers of Energy and reopen the Wonders of Life pavillion.
DHS: Don't take anything out, but put in a fun Tron-themed ride.
AK: Fill in the old Pocahontas area with a Crocodile Hunter type show.
3. Do your fellow employees or friends every question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply. No one asks anymore. They don't have the time to hear my response.
4. One word, and one word only, how do you define the whold Disney experience? Escape

MarkC
06-04-2011, 01:19 PM
1. Paul McCartney. I just as well dream big.
Back to reality, any friends or family who also enjoy traveling and people like I do.

2. Not sure.

3. Some of them do, but there are others who are addicts like me. I explain the timeshare and using annual passes to make 2 trips cheaper, etc. They also know I live within my means, etc.

4. Good luck trying to put this into words. Its a feeling you can't describe, and its probably even different for all of us. However, we all get it or we wouldn't go back and we wouldn't be on this board.

DNS
06-04-2011, 06:34 PM
1) My sister.

2) MK - Take out the raceway and put back MR. Toad.
EP - Take out Innoventions and put Horizon back in.
HS - This one was hard because most of the park needs to be replaced, in my opinion. Maybe take out Indiana Jones and put in a Lilo and Stritch attraction.
AK - Take out that awful carnival place (all of it!) and put in a dark ride from Jungle Book. Something along the line of Pirates of the Caribbean.

3) I have been teased more than I care to think about on going to Disney World. It's almost always someone who has never been there and has no idea what fun adults can have there. I usually just tell them, don't knock it when you have never been there. Or try it and you'll understand the addiction.

4) Enchanting!

KatrinaJ91
06-04-2011, 09:19 PM
My niece and nephew (4 & 6) who have never been there yet! Our kids are grown so it would be fun to experience the World thru little ones eyes all over again!!

MK - Tomorrowland Speedway (stinky attraction) and replace it with Mr Toad's New and Improved Wild Ride!!
Epcot - Captain EO has got to go and replace it with a new Biology attraction - like Body Wars that deals with the Human Body and such...think InnerSpace (the movie).
Studios - Beauty and the Beast show could be replaced with a more updated movie...The Princess and the Frog with the Jazz music or Rapunzel?
Animal Kingdom - Add a TON more attractions...not enough to do there!

Not really...they understand that we love it there and that's where we go!

Emotional

Going2HeavenRU
06-04-2011, 09:44 PM
1. if you could go to WDW with anyone you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be?

My brother in law. He has never been before and I think he would have a great time. He has also never been on a plane so I think the trip down would be a riot as well.

MK - I would replace the Tea Cups and put in anything that doesn't go around in circles
EPCOT - I would replace the land and put something more up to date about the land area in it's place.
DHS - I agree with other posts that Sounds Dangerous needs to be replaced. I would like to see anything muppets in it's place
AK - Dino land and put in a Lion King themed area

3. Do your fellow employees or friends ever question you why you go to WDW so much, and how do you reply.

I get this ALL THE TIME at work. I tell them "Because it makes me feel like a kid again." When they finally go themselves they stop bothering me.

Wow!

Kenny1113
06-04-2011, 09:47 PM
1. My new niece (6 month old)! She is the only person I have not been to wdw with. I have gone with all my friends and family. :)
2. Not really anything. Maybe bring back the skyway.
3. Nope.
4. Magic. But I like the 'memorable' answer a's well so it is a toss up.

figmagination
06-06-2011, 11:22 PM
I would take my girlfriend!

I'd take out one of the animal attractions from Animal Kingdom and add in an Emperor's New Groove dark ride. I've been saying that for years!

Yes, they do. I just tell them we love it!

Magical

kemps@wdw
06-07-2011, 12:05 AM
1. Any adult who hasn't been and thinks WDW is just an "amusement park for kids".
2. MK-ditch "Stitch" and "Tomorrowland Speedway" and rework the entire area with an indoor interactive TRON attraction. Epcot-bring back the "Living Seas" w/Nemo, of course. (c'mon...clam mobiles...really?) DHS-let's have a REAL New York Street, or San Francisco Street, or whatever famous "street", just not "Illusion" street. AK-a nice semi-slow boat ride along the river, or simply gut the entire Dino-Rama area for...oh, I don't know...anything else?
3. I can't even count the times we've been asked that question. Our reply...come with us and see for yourself!
4. Families

BandMan
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
1. If you could go to WDW w/ anyone that you haven't been to WDW with before who would it be?
We'll be there in FOUR DAYS (!!!!!) and we're bringing one of DD18's best friends. This young lady has never been. She is a great kid and has had a really tough home life, so we can hardly wait to take her along and pamper her a bit.

MK: Change the Speedway to futuristic magnetic cars that float (this technology is already being used for bullet trains). No smell, and it would fit the futuristic theme of Tomorrowland.
EPCOT: I don't know what I'd take out, other than the gravestones at the entrance. I would add more countries in the showcase - more sites with more cuisines would be great.
HS: The hat is soooo gone. I would love a ride based on the Monsters, INC doors.
AK: The whole roadside dinosaur thing would be gone. I would like to see something related to Emperor's New Groove, along with some wildlife from South America - llamas, sloths, etc.

Surprisingly, no. I think once we explain how special it is to our two Autistic sons, they get it.

Perfection

flipadeeflop
06-11-2011, 10:27 AM
1. I would love to go with my 3 dogs! Does that count? If not then my cousin Kate. She's 2 years old and i would LOVE to see the look on her face when she experiences Disney Magic for the first time

2. I would like to replace some of the rides I don't ride much in WDW with rides from Disney Land that I haven't experienced yet. For example, Country Bear Jamboree replaced with DL's Indiana Jones.

3. Yes, the other day I answered, "..because they make you feel special and everyone calls you 'princess.'" They turned to my boyfriend and asked him what they call him and he said, "They call me 'princess,' too." Silly boy!

4. Exciting!