PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine

steamboat willy
06-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Our last day at Disney will be the FIRST DAY of the Food and Wine Festival :eat::wine:at EPCOT. Besides hearing Taylor Daine, would you recommend ending our trip with Day One of the F & W?
Also, I read somewhere that we can use Snack Credits at the F & W, is that possible?

TinksGoofyMom
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
We were there in 2009 and were able to use snack credits for most foods. Unfortunately, we didn't go to Epcot until late in the evening of our last nite & didn't make it all the way around the world. I would have planned to go early & hungry. The extra countries represented were great & we wish we could have sampled more. Have fun.

AgentC
06-02-2011, 02:39 PM
If you like good food and fine and trying new things, I would go. :)

We have gone for the last 3 years just to sample the food, but have never gone to any of the special events. We just sample from as many countries as we can especially new additions to the Festival and countries that are not part of the regular World Showcase.

It is a lot of fun.

ledudes
06-02-2011, 03:39 PM
It is certainly worth seeing. We like to save up our snack credits and use them at the little snack spots in each country. It is usually pretty crowded on the first weekend, but fun.

mdricks
06-02-2011, 05:33 PM
This will be my 3rd year for F&W.

The food choices can be overwhelming. I would go on line and look over all the booths to plan what you are going to eat and where. It is a bummer to fill up on a so-so empanada with a tecante only to be unable to eat mussels in cream sauce with a cold leffe.

I love food and wine.
:number1:

SallyP
06-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Our last day at Disney will be the FIRST DAY of the Food and Wine Festival :eat::wine:at EPCOT. Besides hearing Taylor Daine, would you recommend ending our trip with Day One of the F & W?
Also, I read somewhere that we can use Snack Credits at the F & W, is that possible?

Most definitely, if you like trying new foods and adult beverages. Plus in Future world check out the Food and Wine Festival Welcome Center. It's back between Universe of Energy and Mission Space.
Ocean Spray is a sponsor this year so there is supposed to be a Cranberry Bog set up somewhere in the World Showcase.

Yes, your snack credits will be a great value at the food kiosks. You can not use them for the alcoholic beverages.

Melanie
06-19-2011, 10:34 AM
And just a tip, last year the booths 'soft' opened the afternoon before the official opening day. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

samanthastanky
06-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Hello! The past four years we've saved all of our snack credits to go to the Food and Wine Festival at night. We make this our dinner. Usually each of us can get six or so tidbits each. It's a great way to spend the night!

TheDuckRocks
06-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Got a $7 lobster roll with a snack credit last year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will be allowing the same deal with snack credits this year. You can't use them for any of the alcoholic beverages though.

steamboat willy
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes, your snack credits will be a great value at the food kiosks. You can not use them for the alcoholic beverages.

You can't use them for any of the alcoholic beverages though.

Hummmm..........I've always thought BEER :beer: was a snack? :cool:

TheDuckRocks
06-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Hummmm..........I've always thought BEER :beer: was a snack? :cool:

I have always felt that way about wine.:blush:

BluewaterBrad
06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
A Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie in Ireland!!:mickey:

TheVBs
06-21-2011, 07:28 PM
And just a tip, last year the booths 'soft' opened the afternoon before the official opening day. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

Just read this:

The preview First Bites Opening Reception will be September 29, 6:30-9 p.m

:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
06-22-2011, 06:45 AM
A Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie in Ireland!!:mickey:

Best choice past 2 years.:thumbsup: