06-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I need a little help before I call member services tomorrow. Here is the setup:

For the next use year (Sept), I have:

155 SSR points
100 Aulani points

The following year (Sept), I have:

300 SSR points
100 Aulani points.

We want to spend several nights at Aulani in January 2012. The whole stay should be 255 points. We are within our window for home resort and a few days outside of the 7 month window. I see it going down a couple of ways.

1) I could only book 100 points worth and I would have to call back when the 7 month window opens up and hope to get it.

2) I could book 100 points worth and borrow my Aulani points from the next year but I would still have to call back when the 7 month window opens up to book the remaining 50 points and hope to get it.

I've never run into this because we only recent bought at a second resort and (except for cruises) have always used our points at WDW. If there was nothing available at one resort, there was usually something at another. I want to book our flights. We are going to use miles for them and I want to lock them in now. I am afraid that I will book them and I get a room for only a percentage of our stay. We can't switch to a different resort without paying cash somewhere else.

One last question along the same lines. If I reserve accommodations for (hypothetically) 1/10/2012 and I able able to book only 6 days, can I call back when the 7 month window opens to add on the days or do I have to wait for the 7 month window on the first unbooked day? Does that make sense?

Mahalo a bunch!

DizneyRox
06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you get the just..

Something tells me you can call at 7 months from the checkin day for the missing days, provided you're staying less than 10 days. You can reserve 10 days.

If it were me, I'd borrow the HI points for the ability to book at 11 months. Take your chances on the 7 month window for just a few of the days. I'm going to say that it's probably not going tone as tough as people think. Airfare is currently bordering on insane, HI has always been expensive. I'd be surprised if it sold out very quick

But, occasionally, I've been wrong...

Disdude
06-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks! I'm armed with enough information now. I will call tomorrow. Hopefully they will be able to tell me how things are shaping up around that time.