PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Retires

indytraveler
06-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Just found out Shaq retired today. When Shaq first burst on the NBA scene he was a dunking machine. He never developed a mid range game nor did he ever learn how to shoot free throws. So having these big negatives to his career, where does that leave Shaq? Was he the best big man of his era? Hall of Famer on the court or Self promoter Hall of Famer?

Melanie
06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Shaq is still playing? j/k!

Best big man of his era? I don't think so. Shaq was one dimensional on the court. Of course, he did win multiple championships, so what do I know? :shrug:

To his advantage, he had/has a huge, likeable personality and was smart enough to run with that and capitalize on it.

I just think he should have retired 5 years ago.

Ramblingman
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
I am just happy that I have a great rookie Shaq card.

McDonald's had a promotion his rookie year where you got a pack of 3 or 4 cards with a burger. There were special cards in the set, and the rookie card for Shaq was easily the rarest and most sought-after card in the entire set.

I lucked out and got one and sealed it in a card holder that day. It still sits in the holder and is in Mint condition. So I'll be happy if Shaq makes it to the hall, for the reason that it will raise the value of that card even more.