PDA

View Full Version : Coconut races at O'Hana

marlaine
06-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Could someone please tell me about the coconut races at O'Hana? Can any child partipate, can parents help the kids? Do they push a coconut around the room?
Also, what other activities do they have for kids?

TIA

KylesMom
06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
:papple: I wouldn't think there would be a problem in you "helping" your kids. However, I don't know if I'd want to get my ankles in the mix. :D Yes, you're basically "sweeping" a coconut around the room. It can get pretty crazy out there! We always cross our fingers that we're not seated at the tables right off the main floor. :mickey:

They also have a kids parade, and of course there's the limbo and hula lessons. I know I'm forgetting something - help me out, folks!

lynnek
06-01-2011, 06:32 PM
DD1 got to dance with DH and was thrilled--so they did a child/parent dance type thing. I second the "want to keep my ankles out of the coconut races". We didn't "go with" DD1, could see her from the table, but were not right next to the area. There were a lot of parents off to the side taking photos. DD1 was 10 at the time for age reference for you and she seemed to be on the older side of that particular group.

marlaine
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Thank you--I just wanted to know what to expect! :)