PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club booked for October?

Suz36
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I tried to mock book a room at Yacht Club for Oct. 19-22, and all that came up were club level rooms. Is there something special going on at that time, other than Food and Wine? Do you really think it's accurate?

darthmacho
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Possibly the food and wine thing is effecting it, but I assume you were booking online. Maybe try calling? I always feel more comfortable talking to a human, despite our flaws.

Good luck! :mickey:

vicster
06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Try going through Magical Journeys

Fangorn
06-01-2011, 05:18 PM
While the F&W Festival may be a contributing factor, more likely it is the fact that that the largest IT conference on the planet will be there October 16-20. The Gartner Symposium, while technically at the Dolphin, usually takes over the convention facilities of the Dolphin, Swan, Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk and Coronado Springs. Large blocks of rooms for all the Epcot hotels as wall as a couple of mods and a value or two are most likely already set aside for this. With 8-10,000 attendees, the conference takes a lot of rooms. Not a lot of additional park attendance here, just a lot of rooms.

I've attended it many times - great conference - great venue.

Also, expect that either the 17th or 18th (probably Monday the 17th) there will be a special event at one of the parks (typically MK, but often it's DHS), so that park will close earlier than normal.

Steve