PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on which hotel to stay at first

Jpxv
06-01-2011, 01:29 PM
On our upcoming trip we will be staying at the Polynesian for five nights and Pop for 3 nights. I just don't know which order we should do them and need some advice since we've never stayed st each

PrettyMinnie
06-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I would definitely say stay at POP first. Not only will you only be there for three days, so you won't get too settled, you will also be upgrading when you switch over to the Polynesian!! :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I agree, stay at Pop first so you feel like you are getting a treat when you switch over to Deluxe......

disneymom15
06-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I agree, stay at Pop first so you feel like you are getting a treat when you switch over to Deluxe......

I agree, Pop first then Poly.

Suz36
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I agree - POP first, then move on over to Paradise!

KylesMom
06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
One more for Pop first, then Poly. :mickey:

darthmacho
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I think the other posters are right on track. Once you've been to Poly, I'd think Pop would be a letdown. In reverse, I think it would be the perfect build-up. I'm sure Pop is good in its own way, in fact we might stay there next trip, but there's no comparison to Poly. :mickey:

brownie
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I would stay at Pop Century first.

jillluvsdisney
06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I agree with everyone else. POP first. It's a fine place but if you went there AFTER the Polynesian, I think it would be a let down.

DisneyMom12
06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I agree as well.

badkitty
06-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Definitely Pop first. My sister and I booked WL and Pop with WL on the first part of the trip. When the day before we were to leave WL arrived, we couldn't bear the thought to leave and move to Pop. I called and got our WL reservation extended and got to keep the same room! WL cost more than Pop but it was worth it!

caryrae
06-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I couldn't even imagine how I would feel if I went from Poly to POP. POP is nice but after staying at a Deluxe then at a Value may be tough.

katieandrob
06-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Same here. Pop first then Poly. This situation happened to us when we went to Hawaii on our honeymoon. Stayed at a beautiful hotel on Maui then went to Oahu to a not to beautiful hotel. Very disappointing.

steamboat willy
06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Pop To Poly! :thumbsup::tikki:

beksy
06-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I agee with staying at Pop first. We have done similar to this on several trips and always stay at the value or moderate first and then move up to the moderate or deluxe. Mom's first Disney resort was Pop and she loved it. Then we went to the Contemporary and she was not as impressed with Pop. After staying at the Poly it is hard to leave for anywhere else!

kangan2roos2
06-02-2011, 12:30 PM
as everyone else has said do POP before Poly.

You would be very disappointed the other way around. After having the monorail at your doorway, it would be a huge let down waiting for buses to go anywhere

Jpxv
06-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Thank you everyone, after reading all the posts you all made my decision real easy. Thank you

Fastpasssteve
06-03-2011, 01:12 AM
I must ask, just out of curiosity: Why the disparity between the two different accommodations? If the Polynesian is a priority (and you can clearly afford it), why drop down to a value resort?

It sounds like there is a good reason why...I just can't figure it out.

Cinderelley
06-03-2011, 05:19 AM
I have to throw my two cents in and say I love Pop way more than I do the Poly. I would look at which days you will be closer to which parks and decide that way. It would make more sense to stay at the Poly on the days you'll be going to MK or Epcot.

buzznwoodysmom
06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I'd say go with Pop first then the Poly to end your trip. My family tends to hit the parks pretty hard the first few days. We then tend to spend more time at the resort towards the end of our vacations. I know we'd rather spend time at the Poly so I'd choose that for our "relaxing" at the end of the trip. Plus as others have already stated, Pop would be a huge letdown for us after being at the Poly for 5 nights.

Jpxv
06-04-2011, 12:05 AM
I must ask, just out of curiosity: Why the disparity between the two different accommodations? If the Polynesian is a priority (and you can clearly afford it), why drop down to a value resort?

It sounds like there is a good reason why...I just can't figure it out.

By staying just a couple of nights at the poly it allows us to stay two days later

darthmacho
06-04-2011, 12:15 AM
By staying just a couple of nights at the poly it allows us to stay two days later

I think this is a great move on your part. I prefer moderates, but we're going to stay at a value next time. Why? 14 days instead of 10! :mickey:

JenniferS.
06-04-2011, 09:13 AM
I would absolutley go to Pop first. I think if you went from a Deluxe to a Value..u will be disappointed. So...POP first, then Poly. Have fun!

CuteAsMinnie
06-12-2011, 08:59 PM
O my, def POP first then Poly. The Poly would be such a special treat for you it would be a great end to your Magical stay ;):mickey:

andreallybadeggs
06-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I won't disagree; would do Pop and then Poly since it will be 3 nights but will throw this out there just to give another perspective. One time we stayed at the Poly for 4 nights and had planned to leave WDW early afternoon and start our long drive home. We were DEFINITELY NOT ready for our Disney vacation to end that day so but were running short on $ so we booked one final night at All Stars. We still had fun but the move from deluxe to value seemed to help with the "weaning process" and make it at least a little easier to head home.