PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide

cer
06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Trying to decide between some restauarants for dinner.

Please help.

Cape May Dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe
Beirgarten
Captain's Grille
Chefs De France
New Hacienda place in Mexico...

I currently have reservations for this night at Nine Dragons but I am considering changing. I would love to hear what you would choose from the above.

jenperich
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
So far, the only place we've been on your list is Chefs de France. It was very good and I would go back in a second. It was bright and airy, and the wait staff was very friendly. The food was delicious! That being said, we have reservations at the Hacienda place in Mexico for Sept.

Have you tried Via Napoli yet? It's probably my most favorite World Showcase restaurant now. Anyway, good luck making a choice!

cer
06-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Have you tried Via Napoli yet? It's probably my most favorite World Showcase restaurant now. Anyway, good luck making a choice!

Via Napoli is on for June 11! Just wanting to try something new, and not sure which direction to go. I thought Nine Dragons, but not so sure and not wanting to make a wrong move if I change it. Availability may dictate some of the choices, but really would like the opinion of my intercot family.

Cdn Disney Dad
06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
We went to Cape May last year and really enjoyed it. We will be going back again this year on our trip. It had a wide range of food on the buffet including seafood. It was very good.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
We tried Cape May Seafood Buffet last year for the first time after reading so many great reviews here on INTERCOT. We enjoyed it immensely and are returning again this summer.

It had a great mix of seafood for DH and I, and plenty of other things on the buffet for DS who does not yet enjoy Captains' fare. :D :mickey:

McLiberal8
06-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I have not heard good things about Nine Dragons, but have never been there myself. Everything I have read say it's like a really mediocre chinese resturaunt.
I have always wanted to try Beirgarten, but it looked like a really 'meat-heavy' buffet, and I am a vegetarian. I am a huge fan of both Les Chefs De France and Rose and Crown in WS, those would be my recommendations! Whatever you choose, let us know how you like it!

ledudes
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Out of those, I would pick Cape May. Grand Floridian one is ok and Germany is an ok buffet, but I really liked all the seafood at teh Cape May buffet and fun desserts.

AgentC
06-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I went to Nine Dragons in March. It was okay. We liked it and I would eat there again, but it wouldn't be on the top of my list.

I've eaten at Cape May, Biergarten, and the Captain's Grille.

if you are going just for the food, I would pick Cape May. My husband loves seafood and loved it especially the crab legs. I do not like seafood as much but there was still plenty I could eat and plenty my picky kids liked.

If you want entertainment, Biergarten should be your choice. They play German music, bells and alpine horns. Biergarten is family seating (usually tables of 8) so you will be seated with others unless you have a large party. We had lunch there in March and there was a decent variety, but it is more meat based (chicken, sausage, pork).

I really like Captain's Grille. The food was good. The restaurant was quiet. The staff was nice, but there is nothing "special" about it.

Have fun choosing.

DisneyFr33k
06-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Cape May! It is wonderful! Love the seafood a desserts!!!

darthmacho
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Wow! Thanks for narrowing it down, lol.
Seriously, what a great dilemma. With these choices, I'm thinking you won't make a bad decision, but here is my opinion on two of your choices:

Chefs De France: Ate there just last year. Food was fabulous! The atmosphere was great, since we had a window seat near the side street, so we felt like we were in Paris. Our waitress was lovely. I recommend this, but if you want to see Remy, you must go before 5 pm, which I think would be considered Lunch.

New Hacienda place in Mexico...: Haven't tried it, but when I read about it, it instantly went on my "must do next trip" list. I really love San Angel Inn, but I gotta try this new place next. :mickey:

SBETigg
06-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Chefs de France and Grand Floridian Cafe are two of my favorites. Both good choices depending on where you will be that night. The biergarten is loud and fun, but the food was just okay for us.

cer
06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow! Thanks for narrowing it down, lol.
Seriously, what a great dilemma.

I KNOW! A lot of choices, but we are trying to do as many new ones as possible, while still honoring the kid's requests and our "must do's" and these are the ones I keep coming back to as, "I'd like to try..."

Thanks for your input! :mickey: