PDA

View Full Version : Best Building at Port Orleans

DAWS
05-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Can you offer some insight? We are trying to decide which building is best... What are the pros and cons of Aligator Bayou vs. Magnolia Bend? Thanks for ANY thoughts!!

darthmacho
06-01-2011, 05:13 AM
In my opinion, the differences are minimal, with decor and proximity to the main building being the most significant.

As far as I can tell, there is not much difference in the room layout, however rooms in AB have a more "rustic" or what I'd call "woodsy" decor than the more generic decor of the Mansions. On the exterior the Mansions are a lot more grand looking and are three stories, compared to the two story rustic buildings of AB.

As for proximity, three of the four Mansions are fairly close to the main building, the pool, and laundry facilities. Not sure if AB has their own laundry? AB has some buildings close to the main (14,18,27) but the majority are set a little further away.

Last year, we stayed in Magnolia Terrace, one of the Mansions, and liked it, but next time I'd request AB, because I thought the interior was a lot more charming.

Hope that info helps. :mickey:

Auntie B
06-01-2011, 09:15 AM
We stayed in AB - building 38 (I think) - it was a VERY short walk to one of the bus stops, which was great! The walk to the food court and pool was longer, but not horrible. Loved AB, it was rustic and just felt cozy.

finaldynasty
06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
We stayed in the Bayou in building 28 last summer and loved it. quiet pool about 18 steps away, bus stop not far from that and not far from the main lobby...

elmjimmlm
06-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Buildings 14 and 18 are the best in AB...14 is close to the main building and a short walk to the south depot...18 is the building at the quiet pool and it is also a short walk to the bus...:mickey:

LorrieP
06-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Two weeks ago we stayed in Acadian House. It was a short walk across Old Man Island to the restaurants. There was a quiet pool and laundry very close. The north bus station was also very close.

ledudes
06-02-2011, 09:48 AM
14 in alligator Bayou. You get a trundle and it is right near the food court and bus.

CleveRocks
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
When you're actually at Disney World, please make sure you know you're staying at Port Orleans Riverside. There is also Port Orleans French Quarter, its sister resort.

The reason I tell you this is because of something that happened when I was staying at POFQ. I was outside Magic Kingdom after the park closed for the night, and there were long lines for all of the buses (to all of the resorts). I was in the POFQ bus queue. A lady walked by and asked if I was in line for the "Port Orleans" bus. I asked her if she was staying at Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter. She said she wasn't staying at either of those, she was staing at "just the regular Port Orleans."

Well, when I told her it was one or the other and there is no "regular Port Orleans," she got annoyed at me and moved on. But there was a 50% chance she was gonna get on the wrong bus, if she ever got on a bus at all.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, to take the bus to the wrong one of those 2, but if you're tired after a long day at the parks, you'd be much happier not to add a 10-15 minute walk at the end when you realize you're in the wrong place. :mickey:

sainter
06-05-2011, 01:42 AM
In my opinion, the differences are minimal, with decor and proximity to the main building being the most significant.

As far as I can tell, there is not much difference in the room layout, however rooms in AB have a more "rustic" or what I'd call "woodsy" decor than the more generic decor of the Mansions. On the exterior the Mansions are a lot more grand looking and are three stories, compared to the two story rustic buildings of AB.

As for proximity, three of the four Mansions are fairly close to the main building, the pool, and laundry facilities. Not sure if AB has their own laundry? AB has some buildings close to the main (14,18,27) but the majority are set a little further away.

Last year, we stayed in Magnolia Terrace, one of the Mansions, and liked it, but next time I'd request AB, because I thought the interior was a lot more charming.

Hope that info helps. :mickey:

Just wanted to add that there are laundry facilities at each of the quiet pools.

crltkcagle
06-05-2011, 10:59 AM
We also like building 14! Right next to the food court and pool and its quiet.