PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Christmas Trip Info Needed

beksy
05-31-2011, 08:11 PM
This will be our first trip prior to Christmas and we are very excited. We saw the decorations after New Year's Eve before, but never prior to Christmas. We also only spent about 20 minutes seeing the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights but this trip we want to spend a lot more time looking at these. I see where the information tells about holographic glasses that you can use to see the lights. Are these still available and if so, where do we get them? Is it worth it to be there when they first turn on the lights for the evening or is any time about the same? What time do they usually turn them on (we are going early December) and are they on during EMHs? Finally, what time is the castle lighting ceremony each night? I missed it last trip. I would also welcome any advice, such as other things we should not miss. We are attending the Christmas party one night and the Candlelight Processional one night. TIA! :santa3: :deer:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
What dates are you going to be there?

joanna71985
06-01-2011, 10:05 AM
This will be our first trip prior to Christmas and we are very excited. We saw the decorations after New Year's Eve before, but never prior to Christmas. We also only spent about 20 minutes seeing the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights but this trip we want to spend a lot more time looking at these. I see where the information tells about holographic glasses that you can use to see the lights. Are these still available and if so, where do we get them? Is it worth it to be there when they first turn on the lights for the evening or is any time about the same? What time do they usually turn them on (we are going early December) and are they on during EMHs? Finally, what time is the castle lighting ceremony each night? I missed it last trip. I would also welcome any advice, such as other things we should not miss. We are attending the Christmas party one night and the Candlelight Processional one night. TIA! :santa3: :deer:

1. You don't need to be there when the lights are first turned on. In fact, I've always felt it gets less crowded as the night goes on (depending on when you go). And yes, the lights are on for EMH

2. The castle lighting is usually in the area of 6-6:30pm

3. I'm glad to see you are doing CP and MVMCP (as those are 2 things I would have mentioned). I love the Holiday Storytellers at Epcot (they are very interesting), and I always enjoy listening to them.

beksy
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
What dates are you going to be there?

We will be there December 2 through December 12. :party: