PDA

View Full Version : Bistro De Paris ?s

DVC2004
05-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Have you tried Bistro de Paris in Epcot and if so what did you think? Also, do they offer options for kids? My husband actually suggested we try this as it would be new to us. We did eat at Le Chefs de France before. I understand Bistro is located upstairs and is more upscale. My kids are older and will behave, I just don't think they will like what is offered on the adults menu and I couldn't find a kids menu.

Also, since it's upstairs is this a good place to catch Illuninations?

Any info, tips, opinions welcome. Thanks!

faline
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
There might be some windowed spots where Illuminations is visible but I wouldn't dine there to see them.

The dining is more upscale. We last dined there a couple of years ago and had a very nice meal. I would certainly go again.

Don't know about a kid's menu.

Scar
05-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Bistro de Paris is hands down the best restaurant I've tried at WDW (never tried Victoria & Albert's.) There is no kids menu.

From the best I can remember, there are only four or so small windows to see Illuminations from and they have tables for 2 next to them, so no, don't count on being able to see it.

Mickey'sGirl
05-31-2011, 02:58 PM
From the DisneyWorld site:

À la Carte and Prix Fixe Options at Bistro de Paris
From the à la carte menu, begin your meal at Bistro de Paris with a medley of familiar French appetizers such as mussel soup or Mediterranean tuna tartar. The main dishes are rich selections, such as double-cut white veal chop, rack of lamb and filet mignon. The silky chocolate soufflé is a popular option for dessert.
The decadent prix fix tasting menu consists of 4-courses, and is available with or without wine pairings.
There is no children's menu at Bistro de Paris restaurant.

DVC2004
05-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Aw, man. Thanks everyone. We will have to put this on our list for a future no kids trip then. It sounds amazing but I know my kids won't like the food based on what I saw. Thanks for all the info!

SBETigg
05-31-2011, 03:15 PM
It's not ideal for kids, but I have seen older kids there. No children's menu and it's definitely a more grown-up experience. Tuxedoed waiters, white linens, heavier more formal French cuisine (downstairs, the food is lighter and less traditional French). The Illuminations view is only okay, and only from a few of the tables. There is some tree obstruction, though they do dim lights in the restaurant and you can hear the sound.

It's my favorite Disney restaurant, recently taking over from my previous favorite, California Grill. The food and service, excellent. And it's expensive. They don't take dining plan. I would definitely consider it for a romantic meal.

DVC2004
06-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Well we called WDW-DINE who gave us the direct number to Bistro. They told me they can offer our kids the childrens menu from Chefs de France. So, we booked an ADR and are eagerly awaiting trying this place!

SBETigg
06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Well we called WDW-DINE who gave us the direct number to Bistro. They told me they can offer our kids the childrens menu from Chefs de France. So, we booked an ADR and are eagerly awaiting trying this place!

Oh, that's cool! I'm glad they're willing to offer that for you. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Mickey'sGirl
06-02-2011, 08:10 AM
That's great news! I remember the first time I went there when I was about 14 or so, and how much we enjoyed it. It is one of my very happy "Mom" memories (she has since passed away).

TheRustyScupper
06-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Our Ratings of Bistro de Paris: (rev 4/15/11)
. . . food price value: A
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

Note: Bistro is upstairs in France. It is a
very typical French eatery - cultured, polite,
sedate, slow. Although no children menu, they
allow kid's pasta dishes - this dowgrades the
rating, as the eatery has become actually noisy.
As a side note, avoid the snails, as WDW has
changed to Indonesian snails.

Our favorites:
Appetizer - Cow and Goat Cheese Assortment
Main Courses - Lobster Risotto, and the Venison
Dessert - Grand-Marnier Soufflé

DVC2004
06-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the recent review! I was actually planning on the Lobster Risotto and Grand Marinier Souffle, so I am glad to hear you recommend it! Thanks for the tip on the escargot, I will avoid them then. My kids are older, they are almost 13 and 14 , and they have been to many upscale places so behavior-wise they will be good, polite, and non-noisy. LOL. I hope others are not annoyed by their presence but we'd really like to try it. Seeing as they're not disruptive, Iwould imagine most people won't care too much.

ALSO: does anyone know? My husband swears he read somewhere they had Remy making appearances here as recently as April. I had thought that was at Chef's, and I asked him but he specifically said he read Bistro. Can anyone confirm? LOL it just doesn't sound like the type of place that would have that but who knows.