PDA

View Full Version : poolside cabana rentals

Soph and Han's Mom
05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
has anyone ever taken advantage of the poolside cabana rentals at the poly resort? or any of the resorts for that matter?

how was your experience? was it worth the cost? what IS the cost?

we are looking to book on a saturday off from the parks in a couple of weeks...just wondering if anyone has some words of wisdom to offer!

Basket Mommy
05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
I saw the cabanas at the Contemporary pool when we were there earlier this month. They looked nice. They had chaise lounges in them. I would've considered renting one if we'd gotten there earlier in the day and wanted to spend all day at the pool.

Prices are $110 (+ tax) for a half day, or $185 (+ tax) for a full day.

Half day rentals are 10 am – 2 pm, or 3 pm -7 pm. Full day rentals run from 10 am -7 pm.

According to the info I read, there are only 2 cabanas for rent a the Poly. The pictures I looked at don't show chaise lounges, but chairs with stools, a mini fridge (stocked with sodas and water) and a basket of fruit. Food & drinks are restocked when CMs see they're low.

Soph and Han's Mom
05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
thanks for the info!

called yesterday and reserved my cabana. your prices were right on...$117 for half day rental with tax.

can't wait to sip a cocktail from my lounge:cool:

VWL Mom
07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Thank you so much for the info on this! After reading your post I looked into it and rented for 1/2 day at CR....around 1P we ended up extending to full day and just loved it. Steve was our cabana attendant and he was wonderful!! Fridge was restocked with water/soda throughout the day. Kids had gone tubing (which according to them, was worth the money) and then had lunch delivered when they returned. This ended up being everyone's favorite day of the trip. Thanks again.

lawgirl
07-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Im sure there is info on this somewhere, but this is the first time I've heard of the cabanas. Sounds fabulous. Do you have to be a guest of the particular resort to do this?

Also, where is the info on this?

Thanks!

VWL Mom
07-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure if you need to be a guest at the resort.
They have them at the Poly and CR. If you google Contemporary Cabanas you can get a full page of specifics. Here is the link from WDW http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/contemporary-resort/

Hammer
09-20-2011, 01:07 AM
There are also cabanas at the Grand Floridian. I would think you would have to be a guest at the resort or DVC member, since pool hopping is not allowed.

We rented a cabana at GF in July 2010 and throughly enjoyed it. Hope to do it again on our upcoming trip in October.

epceddie
09-23-2011, 08:52 PM
You do have to be staying at the resort to book the cabanas. We're DVC members and that's what they told me this week when I tried to rent one at the Contemporary and the GF.

MinnieMommie
09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I have only seen the cabana at CR and it is really a comfortable and nice space. The last time we were at BLT they gave us a tour. Very nice option! :mickey: