PDA

View Full Version : Mission Tortilla Factory closing? Replacement is......

Melanie
05-29-2011, 04:51 PM
I just saw on Twitter that Mission Tortilla Factory is closing and being replaced with a.....GHIRADELLI?

Disney4us2
05-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Hmmmm... any chocolate samples perhaps?

Melanie
05-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I guess I don't like the idea that a business is replacing an attraction. I know, it was a semi-attraction, but nonetheless it was somewhat interesting and fun, with free samples! MASECA!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Chocolate? Did someone say chocolate?? Yes, please!?!?!?!?

If this is true, I am happy because Ghiradelli is one of my favorites.

Yummy!

But I am opposed to either being on the map as an attraction. Uhm. No!! Either way NOT an attraction.

:smickey:

BrerGnat
05-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Well, it makes more sense thematically. Ghirardelli is a San Francisco based company. The Mission tortilla factory was just an "advertisement" anyway. I'd MUCH prefer a Ghirardelli. And, the original Ghirardelli shop in S.F. has a "factory" component to it, so it will be sort of an attraction if they maintain that part of it. I'd rather have free chocolate than tortillas!

meldan98
05-31-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm betting it will be short lived anyway. In looking at "future" maps of the parks at the Blue Sky Cellar, it looks like those buildings aren't going to be there after all of the renovations are complete.

Melanie
06-02-2011, 08:37 AM
So Ghirardelli definitely seems to be the plan, with more info to be released at the "What's Next?" press event tomorrow.

I never go to the one here at WDW, and I guess not being a chocolate lover, I'm in the minority on this one. Very underwhelming!

Long live MASECA! ;)

BrerGnat
06-02-2011, 11:51 AM
... not being a chocolate lover...

What's wrong with you? ;)

While I did like seeing how the tortillas were made, and I found the tour pretty funny, the truth is, Mission tortillas are some of the most underwhelming tortillas on the market. People who actually live down here don't buy Mission tortillas as a rule. There are many Mexican brands that are far superior. So, for that reason alone, I didn't like that Mission tortillas was the sponsor...

MegaDisney
06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Maseca!

brertosh
06-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Well they seemed to only be giving out Corn tortillas recently anyway and I only like flour! :)

slomike
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
We got the flour tortillas a few times recentlly, but often the flour machine was broken. The impending closure may have been the reason they didn't do a better job fixing the flour tortilla machine.

My daughter and I loved the flour tortillas.

-Mike