PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Package

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-29-2011, 02:20 PM
We can make our ADR's three weeks from tomorrow. I have been reading how hard it is to get the Fantasmic Package now and I am getting nervous....We are planning on doing the package our first full day there and getting Mama Melrose's...How do you think my chances are? Anyone try booking lately? I'm looking at Dec. 18th which is a Sunday.

Jeddie
05-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I can let you know after Tuesday, when I can try to make ours for Sunday, 11/27. We're trying for Mama Melrose's, too. Just looking at how you can't do it online apparently, and given it must be pretty popular, I think this may be turning out to be more difficult than I remember in the past, so I definitely share your nervousness.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-31-2011, 10:10 AM
So you have to call now to get the package? I didn't know that. I will keep that in mind

EJS-Houston
05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
We made our Fantasmic package for early November at the beginning of this month (as soon as we were within the time range allowed) and made our reservation for Mama Melrose's with no problem, although it was filling up fast. I think if you jump on it as soon as you're within that (is it 6 month) time frame, you should be fine. But I would definitely would jump on it at your earliest opportunity, which I guess would be June 18, right?.

KylesMom
05-31-2011, 10:30 AM
So you have to call now to get the package? I didn't know that. I will keep that in mind Not necessarily so. It has been noted that the Fantasmic! online ADR requested dates have sometimes been "greyed out" at the 180 day mark. This happened to us, so I called the dining line to make the reservation. At 180 days out at 7:00 am they were showing no availability at all at Mama Melrose. I then manually typed in the date (not trying to click on the greyed area) on the website and was able to schedule what I wanted. :mickey:

I should note that this is one reservation you need to guarantee with a credit card.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
We made our Fantasmic package for early November at the beginning of this month (as soon as we were within the time range allowed) and made our reservation for Mama Melrose's with no problem, although it was filling up fast. I think if you jump on it as soon as you're within that (is it 6 month) time frame, you should be fine. But I would definitely would jump on it at your earliest opportunity, which I guess would be June 18, right?.

June 20th:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Not necessarily so. It has been noted that the Fantasmic! online ADR requested dates have sometimes been "greyed out" at the 180 day mark. This happened to us, so I called the dining line to make the reservation. At 180 days out at 7:00 am they were showing no availability at all at Mama Melrose. I then manually typed in the date (not trying to click on the greyed area) on the website and was able to schedule what I wanted. :mickey:

I should note that this is one reservation you need to guarantee with a credit card.

thanks for the info

renecat
05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
We just made our ADR last week at our 180 tried to get Mama Melrose but they were already booked so we got hollywood and vine.
Last year I thought I booked a Fantasmic package on line and then found out you had to call to get that. The one I did on line I was told was just a regular ADR.

KylesMom
05-31-2011, 03:46 PM
The one I did on line I was told was just a regular ADR.

You have to specifically request Fantasmic Dining under "Special Dining Events" - not just under "Mama Melrose". :mickey:

Jeddie
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I can let you know after Tuesday, when I can try to make ours for Sunday, 11/27. We're trying for Mama Melrose's, too. Just looking at how you can't do it online apparently, and given it must be pretty popular, I think this may be turning out to be more difficult than I remember in the past, so I definitely share your nervousness.

We actually ended up foregoring the package and opted on having a nicer sit down lunch at Grant Floridian Cafe prior to coming over to DHS for Fantasmic, and just plan to get in line earlier than usual when we did the package. Hopefully will get better seats too this time. Good luck when you go to make yours! :mickey: