PDA

View Full Version : favorite resort to visit?

tadcd
05-28-2011, 09:02 PM
We enjoy visiting the different resorts. During this trip my DH asked if we can visit some resorts we haven't yet seen. He enjoys different theMing and visiting different gift shop. :secret:

We already have plans to dine at restaurants located in AKL, GF, YC, and Swan. We have previously visited Poly at night and have once stayed at POFQ and enjoyed visiting POR. We are staying at BCV. So this takes several off the list.

If you could choose 2 or 3 additional Resorts to visit which would you choose and what would you be sure to see there?

Of all of the resorts, including the ones I listed, which is your favorite to visit and why?

faline
05-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Possibilities include the Contemporary Resort and Wilderness Lodge. At the Contemporary, I might suggest dining at California Grill and checking out the shops on the Grand Concourse. At Wilderness Lodge, I'd suggest visiting Territory Lounge and possibly dining at Artist Point. Be sure to go outside an check out hte pool area and see the geyser erupt!

CuteAsMinnie
05-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm biased, but I really love, love, love the WL in the evening and in the early morning hours. There really is a special peace that happens here. You really feel like you've been transported to a different place in a different time. And when I sit back and remember, it brings calm to an otherwise hectic day!

:cloud9:

Fastpasssteve
05-29-2011, 12:50 AM
When you're at the Grand Floridian, be sure to spend some time before or after dinner in the main lobby. There is a lovely small orchestra that plays from the balcony, trading sets with a concert pianist down below. So elegant, so lovely. All Disney music raised to a high level.

I also deeply enjoy the Wilderness Lodge. Its greatest charm is the cavernous lobby and fireplace. I love the lounges on various levels filled with comfortable chairs and sofas. I love the rocking chairs down below and the gift shop. It reminds me of the Grand Canyon Lodge...only bigger and better.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Wildnerness Lodge...the lobby is gorgeous

EpcotFan182
05-29-2011, 02:39 PM
I would recommend the BW - there's a lot to do, especially at night. I like exploring the shops, plus they also have some street entertainment at night.

disneymomma2010
05-29-2011, 08:05 PM
We love to go to wispering canyon at the wilderness lodge for dinner and following it up by watching the electric water parade(?). Its very nice to take a boat ride there at night. We also love to visit the animal kingdom lodge. We usually eat at boma but we are trying sanaa this year and are gonna try to get there early enough to see the animals.:D

Pop Centurion
05-29-2011, 11:26 PM
We love visiting:

AKL - We love viewing the animals outside of the rear of the lobby followed by dinner at Boma. We also like the gift shop.

WL - The lobby is beautiful as well as the pool area. Last year was the first time we went to the pool area & I must have video taped every possible angle of all the waterfalls, rock work, etc.

We also like walking the grounds & lobby of both GF & Poly.

darthmacho
05-30-2011, 12:03 AM
We've visited many resorts, but we always make it a point to visit the Wilderness Lodge and take the time to dine and shop while we're there. It's an important tradition for us, since we can't always afford to stay there. :mickey:

Gator
06-02-2011, 03:38 PM
My kids think the monorail is cool, so we visit the Contemporary - and of course Chef Mickey's.

Also, I visited the Polynesian once while waiting for the Luau. I'd like to go back there again. It's so tropical. I just love it.

wildernesslady
06-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Definitely the Wilderness Lodge. Entering the lobby is magical for us everytime.

slegrant
06-02-2011, 05:34 PM
We love Fort Wilderness for the charm! While there you can rent canoes by the hour and that is a great way to see the resort and some wildlife. After that you can walk the jogging trail between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness lodge. We also love the lodge, the theme is fantastic and it's fun to go visit Territory Lounge and just relax.

Have fun:mickey: