PDA

View Full Version : Poly compared to the Beach Club Resort

Catzle
05-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at both and what they thought of the whole experience and which was better for what reasons.

DAWS
05-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I feel like in the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you that Beach Club is my very favorite resort.

That being said, I do love both of these resorts. Benefits of each:

Polynesian - On the monorail (so convenient), love the tropical feeling of the grounds, great view of the fireworks, great concierge lounge (if you pay for that level), excellent lounge (great for Monorail Drink-a-Thon), pool bar always seems to be fun, great access to several wonderful restaurants in both the Contemporary and Grand Floridian, and the waterway is excellent if you wish to rent water mice.

Beach Club - The BEST pool on property, walking distance to Epcot (our favorite park, and perfect for Drink Around the World Showcase) and a longer walk or boat ride to Hollywood Studios, great restaurants within walking distance (you have access to all of the Boardwalk, as well as Swan and Dolphin), and great evening entertainment on the Boardwalk (we LOVE Jellyrolls)

AgentC
05-29-2011, 02:46 AM
I think both resorts are great but they have a very different style and it depends on which style you prefer. For my family , Beach Club is a better fit.

I personally prefer YC/BC. We tend to spend slightly more time at Epcot so being able to walk in is a great plus for us. I really like the pool .

I have younger children and the kiddie pool with mini slide is a great plus for them as well as the sand area of the pool. Great for digging and building. They also love the lazt river section of the pool.

The movies on the beach and the marshmallow roasting is great. I also like seeing the lights from the Boardwalk across the lake. And I like that there is a lot to do within walking distance. It's also nice to see the Illumination fireworks from the resort.

I think the Poly has a better quick serve restaurant. It has great theming. I love watching the fireworks from the beach and the electrical boat parade is great. The monorail is great. I really have no complaints about the Poly. We just like Beach Club better.

Disney-4-Me
05-29-2011, 09:26 AM
I've stayed at both and much prefer the Polynesian. Everything just seems closer there. Maybe it was the location of our room, but I love the layout of the Polynesian best. The monorail is also a huge plus for us. The Magic Kingdom is our favorite park so that's also a plus for us.

The grounds of the Polynesian are relaxing and calming after the frenzy of a day in the parks so that clinches it for us!

ledudes
05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
We love both equally. I love being able to see the castle and being right on the monorail and close to the magic Kingdom when at teh Poly. I also love the pool and atmosphere at BC and how close it is to Epcot. Another perk for us is that at BC we can walk basically everywhere so we don't have to do the dreaded strollers on the bus thing! We can walk easily to HS or Epcot and then take the monorail to MK if we want. The only time we end up needing a bus is for Animal Kingdom or DD. Once the kids are older, I owuld say they are pretty equal, although I like the BC pool more I think and always love the closeness to MK.