PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Beach Club Resort

Catzle
05-27-2011, 05:46 PM
and Yacht Club Resort? Since they are two different resorts to book, wondering what the main difference is.

Checkers
05-27-2011, 10:24 PM
:mickey:We have stayed at both resorts and both are very nice. The YC is a bit more sophisticated but not stuffy. It has a nautical theme whereas the BC is more of a seashore theme. The BC has the Beach Club Villas attached to it (DVC) so is somewhat more spacious (footprintwise) but all the resorts (YC, BC & BCV) all share the same pool -- Stormalong Bay which is a great pool. They all share the Marketplace which is basically a resort store along with a small counter service restaurant. The YC has the Yachtsman Steakhouse & Captain's Grille and the Beach Club has the Cape May Cafe and Beaches & Cream.

Oh, and the YC has a very nice gift shop which I think is one of the nicer resort gift shops.

I am sure I have missed somethings and hope that others can fill in the blanks or correct anything that I may have gotten wrong.

CuteAsMinnie
05-28-2011, 11:00 PM
YC always seems just a little bit quieter and a few less kids/teens running around....

AgentC
05-29-2011, 02:28 AM
I've stayed at Yacht Club, Beach Club and the Beach Club Villas. Even though they are 3 separate resorts for booking, they function as one resort and share all amenities and activities.

Yacht Club is slightly closer to the Dolphin and Swan and Beach Club is slightly closer to Epcot. A path runs from one lobby to the other, though you do have to go outside for part of it. Beaches & Cream, the arcade, the hair salon and the gym are all along the outside portion in front of Stormalong Bay.

Theming in the lobby of Yacht Club is a little darker (lots of brass and wood and a cool globe). I find the Yacht Club lobby to be a little quieter. The Beach Club lobby has Cape May in it and since it has a character breakfast and popular dinner buffet, there tends to be people waiting around.

Rooms are very similar but again have different theming. There are a few sites online with pictures.

Beach Club side has the villas as well which has a few sitting areas that are nice. The childcare center is also on the Beach Club side near the Marketplace.

Yacht Club does have a convention center so you may see more convention guests there than at Beach Club.

One of the resorts has more full balconies but I can't remember which. Someone else may be able to tell you. I have always booked standard view and gotten pool view (yacht club), trees (beach club), and courtyard that faced the road (Beach Club Villas). BCV had the most noise of my stays because we were closest to the road.

Overall, it is a lovely resort and I would not hesitate to stay in either side.

lylone
05-31-2011, 07:30 AM
the Yacht Club has the balconies that are useful. The Beach Club's balconies are not even large enough for a chair!
Also, the Yacht Club does seem to be a lot quieter overall. I couldn't believe the noise in the lobby coming from Cape May Cafe every morning!

Melanie
05-31-2011, 08:06 AM
I'd stayed at BC two times previously, and THEN, I stayed at the Yacht Club. I fell in love with the dark, rich decor and the overall calm compared to BC. :boat:

And what's great is that all I loved about the BC is still there because it's all shared. :cloud9:

Disney Doll
05-31-2011, 10:22 AM
The YC is a bit more sophisticated but not stuffy.

This is a great way to describe it. To me BC seems more family oriented. Maybe it's the character breakfast or the ice cream shop. YC is quieter and more adult to me.