PDA

View Full Version : Our Savannah Trip To Remember Day 8

Joannelet
05-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Me: Joanne 34
My DH: 35
MY DS: 2

Tuesday May 10th

Our 2nd attempt at Magic Kingdom was MUCH better today! The park was NOT crowded at all. Saw the opening of the park. Ran to Dumbo and rode it first.
We rode It's a Small World 4x's this day. It's his favorite with Dumbo a close 2nd. Just couldn't get on Dumbo that many times. Peter pan had a 10 minute wait (which I have NEVER seen before) so I ran and did that with my son....he wasn't too fond of it.
Went on the carousel and then my hubby decided to go and take him again on Dumbo. I got to ride Snow White's Scary Adventures for the last time as this ride is closing soon. While hubby was on It's a Small World again with my son, I went on Haunted Mansion as I wanted to see the new ending and queue line. I take it fast pass for this ride is in the near future because of the 2 separate lines. The interactive queue was okay. It is annoying because people stop and you have to wait for them to finish playing. It is irritating and wish that people just had common courtesy to say go ahead in front. The new ending was great. Since I was alone in my car they took my head off and blew it up into a balloon and then popped it. :) Very cute.
My hubby and I switched and he went on after I did. He missed the special queue line as he entered the plain line instead. But he loved the ending.
Then son fell asleep so we decided to take turns going on pirates. You know of all the times riding this ride I have NEVER seen the bottles of rum floating in the water in the scene where the guy is by the pigs! I see something new in Disney everytime I go! I mentioned it to my hubby and then when he came out he saw them too. He never noticed them before either :) I love finding things I haven't seen on previous rides.
Other things we did this day: Son and hubby rode Tomorrowland Speedway-loved it! Very sentimental for me as I remember being his age and riding it with my Daddy for the first time!, Found the Randy Pausch plaque in Fantasyland. Love Randy Pausch and learned that they had a plaque here because Disney liked the way he lived his life so one of his quotes are on a plaque by the Alice in Wonderland teacup ride.
Tried to meet Rapunzel and FLynn Rider but there line was never short and it was too hot to wait in line for them.
Went on the carousel of progress-son liked this. Went on BuzzLighter-again son liked it. I beat my hubby :) My son got to meet the princesses this day at the theater on Main Street. I had a Disney moment here....there was hardly a wait so a family was in front of us going through the fastpass line (we did have fastpasses for this anyways) so they were stopped and asked for their fastpasses and the mom replied with we are with Make A Wish...and with that I got all teary eyed. Watching the family with the princesses just made me once again realize the TRUE magic of this place. What EVERY person goes there for...with their loved ones...to cherish, to make unfogettable memories....ugh...I'm just crying as I even type this reliving the scene in my head. It's truly magical moments like this that make you fall in love with this place. Those parents will remember that moment forever.
The princesses here were great. THey got a kick out of my son considering I don't think they get too many boys in there :) LOL He has the biggest smile on his face with EACH princess...I think Cinderella's picture came out my favorite....but Princess Aurora was chasing him around and he loved every minute with her. He wore her lips on his cheek for the rest of the day and we kept teasing him that he was kissed by a princess!
We then took the monorail over to 1900 Park Fare and had a wonderful dinner there. Our server was never to be found but the characters were hilarious and the food was really good. We got out of here really late as our seating time was for 6:05 but we didn't get to sit till about 7pm.
All in all it was another great day in the World!

KylesMom
05-28-2011, 08:45 AM
I think this is my favorite day so far - so much magic! Love that you got multiple rides on Dumbo, DS got to experience the carousel, Speedway, Buzz & CoP too. To your comment on HM, I'd be surprised if they added FP's back in after they've taken them out once - I think it's more the fact if you want the full experience with the extended queue or just get in line and experience the ride. Funny about the effects in the end - I'm so looking forward to this in a few short weeks!

How wonderful that you were able to hit Snow White & PotC, too. I had to laugh - the first time I saw the bottles in the water I thought people had littered and I was appalled! :blush: It took me awhile to realize they were props. Isn't Randy's dedication plaque touching?

so they were stopped and asked for their fastpasses and the mom replied with we are with Make A Wish...and with that I got all teary eyed. Watching the family with the princesses just made me once again realize the TRUE magic of this place. What EVERY person goes there for...with their loved ones...to cherish, to make unfogettable memories....ugh...I'm just crying as I even type this reliving the scene in my head. It's truly magical moments like this that make you fall in love with this place. Those parents will remember that moment forever.
OK, now you have me all teary-eyed! Glad your DS had so much fun with the princesses. Enjoy these times, because there may come a day when you can't get him near them. Trust me. :D

What a beautiful day, Joanne. Thanks for sharing another great one with us! :mickey:

faline
05-28-2011, 07:51 PM
What a terrific day from start to finish!

This trip was the first time I noticed the floating bottles as well. I wonder if we just missed them in the past or if they're new?

pdrlkr
05-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
05-30-2011, 08:27 PM
. To your comment on HM, I'd be surprised if they added FP's back in after they've taken them out once - I think it's more the fact if you want the full experience with the extended queue or just get in line and experience the ride.

I never knew they tried fastpass on this ride already. You are probably right then.

Joannelet
05-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Glad your DS had so much fun with the princesses. Enjoy these times, because there may come a day when you can't get him near them. Trust me. :D

I had a aha moment when I read that as I didn't even think about him getting older and being embarrassed by meeting princesses! Now I am so thankful I made him do it. He ended up loving them and now we have wonderful memories of them with him. You are definitely right though in a few years I wont be able to even be in the same vicinity as they are! Maybe our next child will be a girl. Then I will be saved.lol

mouseketeer mom
05-31-2011, 08:24 AM
I never saw the bottles of rum, I have to look in July!! Was blackbeard in the misty waterfall part now?

Joannelet
05-31-2011, 08:59 AM
It was still Davy Jones in the water mist.....

Zawadi
05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Great report.

Will look out for the bottles of rum on our next trip.

princessgirls
06-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Great report!!

Seeing a Make A Wish Child enjoy Disney really makes me feel so blessed for my kids health. I love Make a Wish. They are a wonderful organization, and truly make dreams come true for some very sick children.

I will look for these bottles too on Pirates.

A wonderful Magic Kingdom day!
Julie:mickey:

brian2000boston
06-27-2011, 07:06 AM
thanks for sharing another great day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-29-2011, 10:03 AM
sounds like a wonderful day...

DizNee143
06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
what a great day!! sounds like you all had a really great time!! :mickey: