PDA

View Full Version : Our Savannah Trip To Remember Day 6

Joannelet
05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
My 1st Disney World Mother's Day

Me: Joanne 34
My DH: 35
MY DS: 2

Today we were headed to Epcot. I figured the Garden and Flower Festival was a great place to celebrate. When you entered the parks today all Mom's got a special carnation.
Once we were in, we went right to Living with the Land ride. There were some new hidden mickey's put into the boat ride (very obvious) and I enjoyed taking pics of them. I am a hidden mickey nut :) My son loved this ride.
Then we headed over to the other innoventions...(Not sure east or west) but the one that we didn't do the other day we were in Epcot. We did the garbage/recycling program they had there. It was a lot of fun and my son was in his glory as he loves garbage trucks and my hubby had to wheel one around. Very cute thing. He was also able to play the games with us. He enjoyed it and we did very well. I forgot to mention the other day we did the Where's the fire one and it was a lot of fun too. I just love Innoventions! I think both of them are great!
We rode Journey into the Imagination. I couldn't remember if there were dark scenes to this ride so I asked the cast member outside the building if there was. Bad move...she told me no not at all and that he'll love it. There were a lot of dark scenes and one when figment blasts smells at you...um yeah, my son was screaming. I should have known better and rode it myself first...He did have a great time in the area that it lets you out in where you can conduct music and run around on the instruments to hear them play. That made up for the ride.
This day we finally headed over to the Winnie The Pooh Topiary's and took some pics. I had no idea a new movie was coming out till this trip. The day before we just passed them. There was also a neat sand sculpture out for the Disney Nature movie. This was gorgeous and again took more pics of it.
This day was hot but Epcot wasn't too bad crowd wise. I have to say it looked like everyone was headed to Magic Kingdom that day. My husbands step sister and her family were at MK and I texted her because I was thinking of going to MK later but she said the lines were REALLY long and if Epcot wasn't bad to just stay there. So I just planned on finishing the whole festival and taking my time through it instead.
For lunch we ate at Les Chefs De France. I had originally planned lunch here because I heard that is when Remy comes out usually. But unfortunately I asked our server if he was coming out and she told me no he was going to be coming out for dinner that day :( Oh well. I had the vegetable lasagna here and it was delicious. My hubby had the salmon and his was delicious too. My son had pasta and chicken fingers. I never saw the kid so happy for pasta...he hadn't seen it all week so far! :)
Very good meal and the service was great. Only complaint was that it was a little loud. (there was a screaming child throughout the meal in our area)....which ended up being amusing because when we sat down we were the first ones in our area and the waitress said to us you have a great area as it is quiet over here :) I think she spoke way too soon! :)
After our lunch we headed out and did some more of the festival events. We went into the area with water wise herbs and vegetables, the art of green living, saw the bonsai collection. The area where snow white's topiary and the 7 dwarves were had the most beautiful snow white princess that we've ever seen. The line to her meet and greet area was long though but I would have loved to have met her and have my son take a pic with her since she is my mom's favorite princess. Oh well...maybe in October.
As we were traveling around the world doing these events we were also doing the Duffy thing at the Kidcot spots. He enjoyed doing this and the cast members got a kick out of him doing it. He is soo small and for him to hand them the paper Duffy it takes a lot of effort on his part. He was so determined and he'd whisper thank you to all of them when they were done. The girls in Japan went crazy over him. We also watched the candy lady whom I have never watched before. She is really great. She is no longer allowed to give the candy out. I had read on other websites that she use to do that. (health code) but she also said something about Give Kids the World program but it was hard to understand her.
In China the best thing happened...a moment that I wish we had caught on film but I didn't know that it was going to happen of course. But we were strolling around in the air conditioned store and suddenly my son took off screaming PILLOW PET, BUMBLEBEE, PILLOW PET!!!! My son's favorite object in life are his pillow pets. He has tons of them at home (approx 7). He sleeps with the bumblebee one and ladybug whom were both with us on this trip. My husband and I stopped and was like what is he talking about? He is running through the store like he was on a mission!!! People actually stopped to look to watch him....I think we were all wondering what he was sooo excited about. There in the back of the store was a bumblebee pillow pet blanket!!! OMG he went right up to it and was singing to it and kissing it...This lady that was watching this unfold was like I have NEVER in my life saw a child get so excited over a blanket! By the time we got over to him he was jumping up and down with it. It was the cutest thing ever! We have never seen a blanket before. There were only 2 left and although it was $64! I looked at my husband and was like...how do we NOT get him this!? So Mommy and Daddy bought him it and he is napping right now as I write with it upstairs in his Lightning McQueen bed. He has slept with it every night since we bought it. I took a picture of it sleeping with him that first night and it is the best picture and you can TELL how happy he is with it. So thanks China for having something there that we've never seen before nor can you purchase yet! As we were buying the one another family came over and grabbed the last one left! :) So my little man found his treasure just in time!
I got to ride Maelstrom (one of my favs) while my son napped. Then when he woke up we saw the rest of the topiaries and I bought my mommy's day gift. Mickey and Minnie garden statues and had them sent to the resort. Then we went to Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden where my son had a blast playing.
Then we headed back to the resort for dinner at the Mara once again and then off to roam and find some animals :). The animals are most active between the early evening hours so if you ever have a chance and want to check out the resort do so before 7:30pm.
Once again we had a wonderful day and I had a wonderful Mother's Day :)

faline
05-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Happy Mother's Day Celebration! We were in Epcot that day as well! Partially, we chose that park because I've been in the World over Mother's Day before and remembered that the Magic Kingdom was quite crowded. I guessed all the little ones wanted to bring their moms there!

We also dined at Les Chefs de France that day only we went for dinner rather than lunch. There was no Remy at dinner! I just assumed he had put in his appearance earlier in the day!

How cute and funny with you son finding the bumblebee blanket! Sounds like it's a real favorite of his. Some things are worth whatever the cost might be!

Joannelet
05-27-2011, 02:51 PM
We also dined at Les Chefs de France that day only we went for dinner rather than lunch. There was no Remy at dinner! I just assumed he had put in his appearance earlier in the day!

Thanks for telling me that it wasn't out later either. I was so bummed that day because I had really wanted to see him! But at least I know now that he never made it out for dinner either....I'm not as disappointed anymore when I thought I picked the wrong meal to have to see him.
I was also hoping they were going to do the Mother's Day Brunch but I don't know if you saw but they were having a wedding there that day instead so I was wondering if that is why they didn't plan the Epcot brunch this year? It certainly looked like SOME wedding about to go on! The area by the princess topiaries was decked out!

KylesMom
05-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Great choice of parks to celebrate Mother's Day! As I commented in Linda's report, I'm glad to see that they still do this small token (carnation) on Mother's Day.

Off to the attractions!
Bad move...she told me no not at all and that he'll love it. There were a lot of dark scenes and one when figment blasts smells at you...um yeah, my son was screaming. This was bad form on the CMs part. They should know that there's a reason why you're asking! Thank goodness the Imagination area got you over that hump at the end of the ride!

What a reception for that pillow pet blanket - WOW! Great story, and one I'm sure you'll remember forever.

I agree - you had a great Mother's Day! :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-31-2011, 08:16 AM
I like the pillow pet story!!!:mickey:
The candy lady...love her..she choose myself and my two daughters to pick the animals. We thought we'd be going home with them as we saw in the past, but no..she said something about donating them to hospitals..:confused:

Joannelet
05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
I like the pillow pet story!!!:mickey:
The candy lady...love her..she choose myself and my two daughters to pick the animals. We thought we'd be going home with them as we saw in the past, but no..she said something about donating them to hospitals..:confused:

That is true she did say something about the give kids the world kids.....so maybe that is where the candy goes to.....

Zawadi
05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the report.

Shame you missed Remy, but I suppose his irregular appearances avoid bottlenecks in the restaurant. Maybe next time.

Love the tale about the blanket. Your son certainly knows what he wants. :mickey:

princessgirls
06-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Your sweet son with his new blanket. That boy knows what he wants!!!!

A wonderful Mother's Day spent in Epcot!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

brian2000boston
06-27-2011, 06:53 AM
What a great way to spend your special day.

DizNee143
06-28-2011, 09:04 PM
another great day!!!
im really enjoying reading your trip reports!!
and how cute with what your son did!! and i have been learning it is hard to say no to your child..but so glad he found something he completely fell in love with..:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-29-2011, 09:55 AM
How cute, I'm glad you bought it for him

Joannelet
06-29-2011, 01:22 PM
My hubby was in Conn. a few weeks ago and saw the lady bug pillow pet blanket in a store for $24.99! Thats right....Disney charged us $64 dollars for the same thing! Oh well.....we had never seen them before and knew they would eventually hit the stores and the website too....but we just couldnt say no at that point. At least we know we will never pay more than 24.99 on anything pillow pet like going forward. :)