PDA

View Full Version : Live from Hilton Head Island resort!

luvDaMouse
05-27-2011, 12:19 PM
It's our last day here :( we have had such beautiful weather all week! Which is more than I can say for the weather back home. Hopefully we will bring the sunshine home with us :). I love that the only decisions you need to make each day is do we want to go the the beach or the pool? I love that here in the Disney resort you can pretty much do both! I sit on the beach then go to the pool, grab a Mickey ice cream bar, then back to the beach! We never got out the other day to kayak, we were going to go out this am but the guide cancelled at the last minute because a storm was coming in ( it never did ) oh well we will do that next time. We are already planning a next Time :secret: my Dh wants to come down when they have a big car show on the island, they have it sometime late spring.
We ate at some other places that I didn't mention in my other posts, Hudsons on the dock, flamingos cafe where they have all kinds of donuts, giseppes pizza (twice! Very good) we went to savannah for the day and took a horse and carriage ride and walked along river street. We like Charleston much better, a little disappointed in Savannah. We rented bikes and road all over, to the beach, to dinner it was lovely. Now we have to make the long drive home, we will pack up the car tonight and leave sometime in the morning. I have seen the island start to fill up the last day or so, so I think this was a great week to come, before the crowds start showing up for the official start of summer!
Thanks for reading.
Dana :mickey:

emerzmom
05-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Sounds like a great vacation. I like Charleston better too. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

awaggett
05-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Glad you had a great trip--we go several times a year and love HHI. Flamingo's donuts are great--love all the choices!

KylesMom
05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry that your week of rest, relaxation and sun has come to an end. It sure sounds like you two had a beautiful week. Thanks for sharing, Dana! :mickey:

faline
05-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry your trip is ending! Sounds like it was fun!

Dsnygirl
05-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip.... we'd love to visit down there someday. Thanks for sharing! :)

MinnieMommie
05-29-2011, 08:08 AM
This sounds like an idyllic relaxing vacation. Bike riding, going to the beach and pool, good food, mickey ice cream bars and not crowded! (BTW - I love Charleston too...think it is a beautiful city.) Wonderful report!

pdrlkr
05-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi Dana!
Glad it was great!!! We loved it too, and will be back one day, but first Vero in a month for us! I didn't love Savannah either...although I did love Miss Paula Deens cooking!! That was a highlight! I wish you save travels home.~Lisa

Mackflava99
06-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Lisa,
I am just catching up with your trip, i am so happy to see you had such a great time.

we need to go there sometime soon.