faline
05-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who: Gene & Me

Plan for the Day:
Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace for Lunch
O’Hana’s for Dinner

It was close to 12:30 before I crawled into bed last evening. So it was no surprise we didn’t get up until around 8 or so. It was approaching 10 before we got to the bus stop and it was quite a long wait before a Magic Kingdom bus arrived. By time we arrive, it’s only an hour until our dining time at Crystal Palace. We manage to make it on Pirates, have a few photo pass pictures taken and get fast passes for Peter Pan before checking in.

We are seated to the right of the front door area and in an area where the characters begin their rotation through the restaurant. I didn’t see him approaching but soon I was receiving a kiss on the cheek from Pooh. Before we even thought about dessert, we were visited by Eeyore, Tigger, and finally, Piglet.

Back out into the park. It’s quite busy but not totally unmanageable. We walk over to get fast passes for Thunder Mountain but it’s only a 10 minute stand by and, actually, is really a walk on. We walk back to use our Peter Pan fast passes and this takes about 10 minutes in the fast pass line. It’s A Small World in operating today and we’re on that with about 10 minutes on line. We take in the Haunted Mansion but this time take the queue to the right which does not wend through all the neat new exhibits. From there, we go across the park. Buzz Lightyear is a 10 minute wait so we walk on that. Once again, I do not match the excellent scores I had on my February trip. In fact, I do worse than the other day. Oh well! We then ride the People Mover. It’s almost 3 now. We head to the front of the park and ride the train for a complete loop around the park. It’s time to leave the Magic Kingdom.

Our annual passes expire today and have served us well for the last year. We’ll be back.

Got to run…it’s time to leave for our dinner reservations so more to come….

DizNee143
05-26-2011, 08:54 PM
the last day..ugh..
even with with a bit of a late start you guys sure did manage to get alot in..
and i always enjoy a ride around the park onthe train..one of my favorite things to do in the MK..:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Your annual passes expire today??? :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-27-2011, 08:38 AM
thanks for the report

Suz36
05-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Another wonderful day at MK, and it sounds like crowds must have been low again.

We've only been annual passholders one time, and it felt so awful the day they expired! I felt like I was getting kicked out of the family! :blush:

KylesMom
05-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Great day at MK - lots of attractions without huge lines, which is great. Gotta love CP for lunch - it's one of our faves. However, I'm more partial to Tigger than Pooh Bear! :blush:

I can't tell you the last time we rode the whole circuit around MK on the train - we usually board and then hop off at the next stop. Maybe something to enjoy this next trip. Bummer about Buzz, Linda. I really was hoping you'd show Gene your "stuff" this trip! :D

Our A/Ps expire the last day of our trip, too. It's a bummer when you realize that you can't just take off to Disney on a whim - not that we do, but the thought of it is sure nice!

Hope your dinner is a great one . . . :mickey:

yjgirl32
05-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Great report.

pdrlkr
05-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

RedSoxFan
05-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Sounds like a nice day. I love the people mover.:mickey:

vizsla
05-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Linda,

A very enjoyable day in the Magic Kingdom! A kiss from Pooh and all!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I miss eating at the Crystal Palace (It's for little kids, Mom!). I am so sorry your AP expire today .... You sure have made good use of them! :thumbsup:

brian2000boston
06-25-2011, 08:56 AM
short lines, lots of rides = good day

buzznwoodysmom
06-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh no, I can feel your trip coming to an end. That's always a bit sad, but seems like you had an excellent time. I forgot to mention this in earlier posts, your DH sounds like a sweetie. The Happily Every After buttons, and the turtle ring, so sweet that he did those things for you!

darthmacho
06-30-2011, 07:11 AM
I like that you're ending your trip with a visit to the MK. That's the way it should be. :mickey:

Mackflava99
07-13-2011, 04:41 PM
last days always tug on the emotions-
But i always think, the emotions are caused by the fact we love this place, and we will be back again soon enough !!

faline
07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
last days always tug on the emotions-
But i always think, the emotions are caused by the fact we love this place, and we will be back again soon enough !!

Very true!

January-2007
07-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks for reporting.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh, the dreaded last day and last ADR.... :(