PDA

View Full Version : Food & wine Festival- wine tastings?

Mysttree
05-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Hello All,
We are planning on attending the F & W festival- I would like to plan on attending one of the special events- does anyone know what is planned this year? Any info or links would be helpful! I'm trying to schedule our dining & would like to take this into consideration.
TIA, :wine:

AHOTE
05-27-2011, 01:52 AM
I haven't seen anything listed yet for the 2011 Food & Wine Festival other than a special wine pairing seven course diner at Jiko on October 27. I watch disneyfoodblog for updates on the festival and on other things regarding dining and food in general at Disney resorts. We try to do at least one of the tasting events each visit. Most of them take place in the former Wonders of Life pavillion so it's important to watch the timing of the events you choose. Depending on where you are on world showcase you may have a long walk back to the pavillion for your seminar. We always take one mid week day to do the majority of our sampling of the foods and beverages available from the various kiosks around world showcase. We've found we don't need a table service meal that day. We avoid weekend days they get too crowded to really enjoy the time there. Hope this helps! :beer: :marg: :wine:

SallyP
05-28-2011, 09:12 AM
F&WF Special Event information 'usually' isn't released until late July and in more recent years August. I know it makes planning a bit hit and miss, unfortunately.
There is a podcast that interviews a Disney Marketing Manager and the F&WF is discussed a wee bit. Studiocentralradio dot com episode 880 around the 15 mark. She mentions the theme is Passport to a World of Flavor and also mentions some new kiosks.

AHOTE
05-28-2011, 10:33 PM
New info on the 2011 Food & Wine Festival was put on the disneyfoodblog today! :thumbsup:

Mysttree
06-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks for your help. It seems odd to me that Disney is SO behind schedule on this- esp. in view of the fact that dining reservations can be made 180 days in advance!
A special thanks to Ahote- I am newly acquainted with the food blog- but REALLY like their site & info.
I appreciate your help & suggestions.